Model Cars Magazine Forum

'39 Ford Deluxe 4 door sedan

realgone58

Just finished this one up last night. Original 3 in 1 issue that I've had for 20 something years, resin 4 door body that I bought a long time ago (can't remember who did the resin?) box stock build, nothing special, mixed up my own color to replicate the green for the engine, the body is sprayed in (believe it or not) forest green Dollar General Miracle brand junk spray for a buck fifty!!! Very close to a '39-40 Ford shade of green, careful prep with 3 coats, buffed out, just enough orange peel to make it look like factory!! Shot at 76 degrees outside in low humidity. Cured in the sun for 15 minutes, then brought inside (dehumidifier and A/C) and let to gas off for a week or so. All box stock except for the 4 door body, and the beautiful wide white appliques from our very own board member Darryl. This is the first time I've used these, and I am very pleased. I did take the liberty of adding the cool kit provided full fender skirts. I think the car looks best that way.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113970275234479884863/BuiltKits39FordDeluxe4Door?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLu215Hl5uziJg&feat=directlink

Nicely done. :)B) I'm taking the liberty of posting your pictures as many members don't bother to follow links.

kit%252039%2520ford%25204.JPG

kit%252039%2520ford%25203.JPG

kit%252039%2520ford%25202.JPG

kit%252039%2520ford%25201.JPG

A great kit that AMT should reissue as they are starting to become somewhat rare and expensive. The body is most likely from the now-defunct R&D Unique. I did one of those as a mild custom a couple of years back. with the skirts, a deep candy purple paint job, white and gold interior, severe lowering, the kit OHV and Desoto bumpers from the AMT sedan delivery. The Fordor has its own unique character that's very appealing. I hope someone else offers it now that R&D Unique is gone.

I'm interested in those whitewall appliques. They look very crisp and straight. How might I find out about obtaining them?

Edited by Bernard Kron

Yes, you are right!! R & D Unique, I remember now. Like I said, it was a long time ago I bought the resin body for it. Thanks for posting my pics. I can't post pics anymore, only links. It tells me I've used up all my space on the site!?!?!?! Anyway, go to our Swap/trade/free section and scroll down. You'll see Darryl's post about white walls. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll post it back here for you. Awesome guy, awesome product......Al.

Yes, you are right!! R & D Unique, I remember now. Like I said, it was a long time ago I bought the resin body for it. Thanks for posting my pics. I can't post pics anymore, only links. It tells me I've used up all my space on the site!?!?!?! Anyway, go to our Swap/trade/free section and scroll down. You'll see Darryl's post about white walls. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll post it back here for you. Awesome guy, awesome product......Al.

Thanx for the info re: Darryl's Darrell's whitewalls. What a great product. I PM'd him with an order based on his e-Bay pricing.

Regarding the picture posting, it sounds like you're posting through the MCM board rather than using the "image" icon on the Reply menu board. Here's how I posted your pics. I suspect if you do it this way you won't encounter any limits.

1) Go to your photo server site (in your case Picasa) and right click on the full sized image of the picture you want to post (I'm assuming a Windows based computer but I suspect it's the same for Apple OS systems). You'll see a menu with "Properties" at the bottom.

2) Select properties and you see a box with, among other things, a text string to the right of "Address URL ". Left click and drag your mouse across the entire string, making sure to highlight the entire text. You sould get something like ":https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mCiOuywzdiE/Tzx0hlMcswI/AAAAAAAAAEU/js_g92nbj9k/s640/kit%252039%2520ford%25201.JPG" .

3) Right click and select copy.

4) In your reply here on the MCM board select the Image icon in the second row of icons above the main box. It's the 11th one over from the left. An entry box titled "Image Properties" will appear. Paste the text string you copied from "Properties" into the "URL" box. Select OK. A picture should appear.

kit%252039%2520ford%25201.JPG

Edited by Bernard Kron

• 2 weeks later...