Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nissan 300zx (z32)

Jared Roach

So this is just a quick build to refresh myself after 2 frustrating builds. It is tamiya's 300zx, really nice kit. I have got the body primed and the panel lines engraved a bit deeper because they were quite shallow. I have finished the chassis and the engine is in progress. I also swapped the wheels because I hate the stockers, they look horrible IMO.

For colors the body is going to be a metallic burgundy and for the interior I am either going with black or tan, I'm unsure right now.

044.jpg

073.jpg

078.jpg

055.jpg

063.jpg

More here: http://s373.photobuc...nissan%20300zx/

Hopefully this build will continue to go well, thanks for looking.

That's a really nice kit, Jared. I build it when it first came out in '90 or so, and used some unknown bright yellow paint for the exterior. Painting the edges of the "glass" was the toughest part, but I managed to do it with a gloss black Testors paint pen. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man.

So I got this thing painted and cleared, but still needs to be polished out. I also did a little to the engine. Still thinking about the interior color too. I am really thrilled with the way it is coming out so far.

016.jpg

025.jpg

033.jpg

044-1.jpg

048.jpg

More pics here: http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/bowtiebadboy33/Tamiya%20nissan%20300zx/

thanks for looking.

Looks great! I did not know the Tamiya kit was a full detail kit.....thought it was another curbside. I may get one to display with my IMSA version.......

NISSANNNL-vi.jpg

Where did you got that IMSA kit from? Me wanta one :)

Thanks man.

So I got this thing painted and cleared, but still needs to be polished out. I also did a little to the engine. Still thinking about the interior color too. I am really thrilled with the way it is coming out so far.

033.jpg

thanks for looking.

Nice looking Z32 and nice color.

Edited by patami

• 2 weeks later...

Charlie, the Tamiya kit comes with both right and left hand drive options.

nice to see one of these kits getting built ;)

I just remember the one I had came with a clear hood, I dont remember the dual dash options though

Edited by martinfan5

• 1 month later...