Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Nova

DANB

Well Junkpile, here it is, i used some matches to heat up and quickly bend them into shape, it all fits i tried im just letting some glue dry atm. Definitely my most technical build so far, im going to have to step up the body paint on this one it seems.

IMAG0956.jpg

Edit: Looks sweet as

IMAG0958.jpg

Edited by DANB

Dan, I think you are on the right track here, but one thing you should keep in mind. 1 millimeter = 1 scale inch in 1/25 models. This rule of thumb will help you choose materials better for detailing. If you measure your battery cables now, you'll see what I mean. I like your work and I'm looking forward to seeing this puppy in paint.

Lots of possibilities with this kit. Seemed to beg for scratch building. This kit ruined me from leaving anything box stock ever again. Not sure if that is good or bad. Next you'll find yourself needing Evergreen and plasi-struct styrene stock, aluminum tubing and rod, miter box/saw, many different glues, tools of all kinds, lighting, magnifers, and many other gadgets that work for you. The list can go on and on. Geezo, see what I mean about good or bad? I'm no expert but I think you may be "hooked on model cars". I love model cars/hooked on model cars!

Yeh i wouldnt say im not hooked lol, but its hard to get real serious with this hobby because of how expensive it can get, im trying to build up 2 1:1 cars atm and id love for one to be finished by Jan next year for Summernats.

This weather is starting to aggravate me too, i really wanna spray this body already!

Cheers for the feedback, yeh im having fun! the only part im not liking atm is knowing i could of done some things better. Im mainly talking about painting the chassis rails black, and not getting clean straight edges. Maybe i could of used some tape. But thats still on my list of things to get. Any advice on this would be great

IMAG0980.jpg

IMAG0985.jpg

IMAG0981.jpg

IMAG0986.jpg

Everything is basically glued together now, just waiting for glue to dry so i can start doing touch ups.

IMAG0987.jpg

IMAG0988.jpg

The engine doesn't fit very well, its hitting the firewall and is just a few mm too far forward, making a few things not line up as they should, but it all looks fine so meh lol

Yeh I wonder what the go is ay, its really dissapointing imo. I didnt have any problems with the wheels, it must come down to how you place the spring with the trailing arm, i think its really cool though how the spindles can move, im not sure what way they are supposed to go but i have them turned around so the car sits lower at the front too.

This kit seemed to require all of my skills (including some not yet aquired). It just begged for some scratch built parts along with the choice of using optional parts it came with, fit issues to deal with, stance choices, tricky masking, street or strip, trim paint or foil, color combinations, and on and on. Ah, just the basics some may say! This is the one that made me want to "build a better model". Mine is by far not perfect but still one of my favorites on shelf. Looks like your having fun with yours too.

For sure man i could say the exactly what you just said, i know i could of done so much better in many areas of this model too so i reckon sometime soon im going to do another one, its such a sweet car once completed.

Painting the body on this was definitely the biggest challenge, will be a while before i do another white car lol.

Edited by DANB

• 2 weeks later...