Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Feast of Snakes (Two Cobras Are Deadlier than One!)

Dr. Cranky

Doctor Cranky has fallen in love with this kit. I had been meaning to build one in a few years, and I want to thank Donn Yost for the inspiration behind this one. Donn, the Pearl Ex powders are STUNNING with what they do to a regular paint job. Thank you, my friend.

017-vi.jpg

021-vi.jpg

023-vi.jpg

010-vi.jpg

I am uploading a video that will show the paint job a lot better, please stay tuned in for that. Thank you for tuning in.

Edited by Dr. Cranky

Thank you, folks, I took yet another round of pictures that I think turned out better:

002-vi.jpg

001-vi.jpg

004-vi.jpg

The shiny looks better in these snapshots. Thank you for watching. There's a whole bunch more pictures over in the Lab-RAT-ory Fotki archives:

http://public.fotki.com/vsuarez666/voodoo-customs-chop-shop/models-1/calexico-cobra/

This last batch of pictures show the color dance that can be obtained simply by adding or removing light sources !

Comparing the first batch with the second , you'd think there were two different cars being photographed rather than one .

When I viewed the first set , Virgil , I immediately thought California Sunset . When I saw the second set , Callieco Orange . I know that the pictures don't do it justice , that Cobra's color walks all over the place !

As for my recipes , especially the orange Willys color , you'd have to fight the youngest for that one . It's her color , lottsa luck with the outcome of that donnybrook !

A build to be proud of , Virgil ! You made Crazy Jim's little heart go pitter patter ! Lol !

[...]A build to be proud of , Virgil ! You made Crazy Jim's little heart go pitter patter ! Lol ![...]

I Agree! :D Styrenebodys cant rust, isn't it?

That color....beautiful! Really beautiful! Very clean build and shiny. The decals are the eyecatchers in my view. The black wheels also. They work good on the orange.

I stay tuned for an other one Doc.

Edited by Dominik