Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats your poison?

Im new to whole model building scene... just curious how everyone decides what to build... i see lots of trucks, post apocolyptic, hot rods, drag cars, and imports... i myself seem to be addicted to muscle cars of all eras but i do have a desire to build a set of cobras and a transporter... does anyone ever step outside of their comfort zone when building and try something different... i know dr cranky does a lot of weathered looks but his cobra he did is pretty sharp... Second question is how long did it take you to build your dream model... mine is a sublime green 69' GTX from an old tv show called Fastlane... i always go to the hobby store and pick up the kit but convince myself i wanna do one more before i attempt it... lol

Jeffrey, it's all a matter of personal choice, you know . . . sometimes the subject matter chooses you. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing lots of your builds in progress and otherwise. Look around and share your eye candy with us.

Best wishes and happy styrene journeys!

Unfortunately, my brain is constantly brewing ideas, much faster than I can ever build anything. I mainly look at car magazines, but I have also been tempted by cars in movies/TV shows.

Write those ideas down in a notebook for future reference.

Crown Royal and a Fuente.

Ooh I love me some Crown Royal. I'm on a brandy kick, myself.

Jeffrey, it's all a matter of personal choice, you know . . . sometimes the subject matter chooses you. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing lots of your builds in progress and otherwise. Look around and share your eye candy with us.

Best wishes and happy styrene journeys!

Me, I build several kinds of models , both for myself and for others . Sure, ya'all see a lot of Replica stock out of me . I build service trucks , I build an occasional Muscle era car too. Meanwhile , I'm designing out my next secret weapon to wreak havoc on Virginia I P M S Rivet counters otherwise known as Airplane an Tank builders . Ed Shaver

Jeffery Welcome to the group!

I like the Early Hot Rods, sometimes Very Early, before the Hot Rod lable was even thought of! But I enjoy building all kinds of Model Cars. I will get an idea for a build, and then I will research the type of car, or truck it is, and make a building plan for i,t and start gathering the parts and matterial I will need to build it. I ussually end up putting a lot more modifications and details into a build than I had originally plan. This means that I will end up taking anywhere from Three, or Four months to years to get them finished. I ussually end up doing a lot of kit bashing, and making sratch made parts for my builds.

My wife keeps saying to me that I need to stop adding to builds and finish them, well I do eventually get them finished, but almost every time I look at the finished model and see something else I could have done to it!

I look at it like if I owned the car/truck what would I want it to look like. I try to build it with the best of my ability but I'm always a little afraid to take that extra step out of my comfort zone but I've been taught that everything can be fixed and if not you learn and use it for another project. I have yet to build my dream model but if I had a choice I would build my first truck I owned, a 1985 s10 Chevy blazer. I don't think they make kits and only a hand full of guys do a resin body so I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to build it.

haha... well ive figured out how to upload some photos and they are in under glass... i started building in november after my doctor suggested a hobby may help with my ptsd... lol... so naturally i picked the one that involves tiny parts flying all over the place... still it beats getting shot at anyday... haha

HooAh jumper, and welcome to the insanity.

For me, it started with copying what I wanted in 1:1 in scale, as well as trying to replicate dads cars. Then it became my cars, and then it morphed into the aircraft I have put wrench to. It hovers around variations of vehicles I own or wish to own at the moment, along with still chasing dads' car list!

Crown Royal and a Fuente.

Same here, add young women as well.

Oh building, well then it's usually police cars I have driven, followed by police cars I wish I had driven, and the vintage police cars. Interspersed are variations of '29 - '32 Fords, usually done in a period manner.

G