Model Cars Magazine Forum

FLD Freightliner w/ Ore. Dbls.

Been a while since I've posted between work changes and and a move. Starting to get back to modeling by making post move repairs. First up, is my Freightliner FLD with Oregon doubles. I originally built this 4-5 years ago. Tractor is almost straight from the box. Trailers are modified Italeri 48' van trailers that have been cut down to 40' and 28'. Dolly is modified from the US Mail kit.

009-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

011.jpg

Paul, looks like you've done a great job on your truck. Would you mind explaining the term "Oregon doubles" to me? Are they anything like super singles? As you've probably already guessed I don't know much about semis, but I occasionally drop in on this section to see what's being built. Lotta talented guys here.

Thanks for the comments guys. Monty Oregon doubles are otherwise known as Rocky Mountain doubles, where you have a full length semi trailer followed by a shorter pup trailer. Oregon set the maximum trailer length for this combo at 68'. The term super singles refers to wheels and tires, where a wider single wheel is used in place of duals.

Very nice as usual Paul. The "Valley" is gonna run out of room! :lol:

Anthony, I hope not. I'm done moving for a while.

Thanks for the comments guys. Monty Oregon doubles are otherwise known as Rocky Mountain doubles, where you have a full length semi trailer followed by a shorter pup trailer. Oregon set the maximum trailer length for this combo at 68'. The term super singles refers to wheels and tires, where a wider single wheel is used in place of duals.

Paul, thanks for clarifying that for me.