Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nick Boninfante's Olds Funny Car

DANB

Hey people i just scored this of ebay for a steal. Seems to be a fairly old kit (1991?) and has previously been opened but the plastics were all still in there packaging. The instructions however are missing. Ive looked through here ( http://www.revell.com/support/instructions.html ) and couldn't find any and if anybody could help me out it would be much appreciated. Im sure i don't really need any but they would be great for final assembly lol.

IMAG1028.jpg

Cheers guys, keep an eye out for updates.

All of Revell's later F/C kits were the same deal...you are correct however...If you have any knowledge as to how a modern funny car chassis/engine is put together...it'll be a breeze even without the instructions. These kits were simple...the detailing is the trick!...Run whatcha' brung in this dept...the more you can add and the smoother the build via reference pics.all the better...the skies the limit with these kits... he-he..... You are also right in that a few of these kits can still be bought for a song...especially the less popular fuel cars. Both the TA and the Olds F/C are readily available at swap meets everywere as kindlin. Swap the decal out for a Slixx or other and build about any team you'd like of those bodies. Same goes for the digger...still tons out here to be had...

Have fun...

ChiliDog

Edited by Decal Art

Thanks for the offer mate, but Cool Hand has already taken care of it.

Usually i like to get the body in paint first but just like my last build its cold rainy and crappy and its set to be like this all week :(

So i painted a heap of other little parts last night, its quite fun doing a different model to the usual hotrods and 60s muscle cars for a change.

Yeh cheers man, its going to be interesting to see how well i can do this model, some parts almost seem to require a different skill set, the body will be a learning curve that's for sure.

Quick snap off the phone, the only parts glued to the chassis are the A arms and bumper bar, there are allot of other parts in paint drying to be assembled. No dramas so far which is always good.

IMAG1029.jpg

Weather forecast says the rain should clear up later this week, lets hope so! i bought some Tamiya "Racing Blue" this arvo with some Tamiya masking tape for the body. As well as finished the assemply of the chassis. few touch ups here and there, sand those rear tyres some more and paint the writing on the tyres and should be 100%. Also thinking of painting the battery box semi gloss black, instructions say red, but the picture on the box is black, and i really don't like the red, especially next to the fire extinguishers. What do you guys reckon?

IMAG1039.jpg

IMAG1041.jpg

IMAG1044.jpg

IMAG1045.jpg

The basically finished product, i had a little issues fitting the windows but i pulled through, still going to finish painting the inside of the body black but other than that its done. The clear didn't go on a smooth as usual so it really needs a sort of cut and polish i think. But I dont have anything here or the know how to do so. I also used a better quality camera so you can see all the imperfections lol.

Im prety wrapped about it either way.

IMGP2681.jpg

IMGP2683.jpg

IMGP2684.jpg

IMGP2687.jpg

IMGP2688.jpg

IMGP2690.jpg

IMGP2692.jpg

IMGP2695.jpg

IMGP2699.jpg

IMGP2680.jpg

Very nice Oldsmobile Funny Car, great job with the decals and body painting looks very good too. I like the engine, and doesn't matter that it's not "Wired and plumbed", this proves, it looks amazing without wires and detail stuff.

Thanks for sharing this WIP with us.