Model Cars Magazine Forum

My old Cruiser

sln583

Thanks for the compliments guys. Sorry the pics and background suck.

Wow, what a coincidence... your name is Mike Foley and you are...or were... a cop. I had a brother Trooper here in Conn. by the name of Mike Foley!

Once upon a time, Irish Moms sure liked naming there sons Michael, there were 3 of us named Mike Foley in my class in High school, and we werent related. :D And you know how many Irish cops are around.

Please bring this to MassCar on March 18 if you can make it.

What city/town were you in?

Charlie Larkin

Do you have a Link Charlie?

This car was MBTA Police, worked all over Metro Boston and Eastern Mass. They changed the name and paint scheme a few years after I left.

They are now just called Transit Police.

Thanks Neil

Im off work that Sunday.

I will see if my son wants to go.

Cool.

Just checking - being a model car geek isn't a crime, right? Don't want to get into any trouble while I'm there.

And I remember that color scheme on those Braintree cruisers. I wasn't such a fan. They gave me heart palpitations every time I saw them.

One more question - I once had a Mass. State Trooper tell me once that he "didn't have anything on you, other than you are a f-ing ding-dong". Tell me, the statute of limitations for being a "f-ing ding-dong" should be over, right?

Edited by Nitro Neil

Cool.

Just checking - being a model car geek isn't a crime, right? Don't want to get into any trouble while I'm there.

And I remember that color scheme on those Braintree cruisers. I wasn't such a fan. They gave me heart palpitations every time I saw them.

One more question - I once had a Mass. State Trooper tell me once that he "didn't have anything on you, other than you are a f-ing ding-dong". Tell me, the statute of limitations for being a "f-ing ding-dong" should be over, right?

He was probably refering to the chapter and section for "@$$hole in the daytime" ;)

Just kidding Neil. :D

Thats not a Braintree cruiser, Its Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) Police.

Sorry the pictures arent very sharp.

MBTA.jpg

1202239463_2585.jpg

I beleive its still jokingly refered to as the circle T ranch.

Only thing, why would you want to remember those darn report forms?

:lol:

G

Very true Wayne

One was a cruiser inspection form and the other was an activity log.

Nothing beats having to justify every minute of the day. :blink:

Hi, Mike.

That explained why I couldn't place that cruiser scheme. I knew it looked very familiar, but couldn't remember why, and I was pretty sure it wasn't Braintree.

When I was younger (mid-1990s,) I was down in Weymouth quite a bit visiting South Shore DeMolay, and a few of the guys lived in Braintree, and to get to Broad St., I just went up Rt. 18 because that was the only way I could ever find my way in/out, and I didn't remember Braintree's cars looking like that, but could've been wrong.

Hopefully we'll see you a week from Sunday.

Charlie Larkin

Very true Wayne

One was a cruiser inspection form and the other was an activity log.

Nothing beats having to justify every minute of the day. :blink:

Amen to that!

For years and years we prepared vehicle inspection slips at the beginning of the shift. You know the drill, gas-full, oil-full, wheels-4, doors-4 etc.

One day I'm acting sergeant, this was '87-'88 a loooong time ago, so I have to turn these in at the desk. The desk man takes all these properly prepared forms and nonchalantly drops them in a box on the floor behind the counter. His comment, "We haven't been able to store these since we reorganized the districts."

So basically all those forms were trashed, and had been, since 1969.

:blink:

G

There's always city charges that can apply as well:

"Ugly in Public"

"Mopery with Intent to Gawk"

"Failure to Keep Clean"

"Posession of a Rape Tool"

I had the three classic questions. I always told the suspect if you can correctly answer these you won't go to jail.

#1. Is Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?

#2. Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?

#3. Are you a Homosapien?

They never let me down.

G

One of my favorite movie lines was in Beverly Hills Cop. Eddie gets arrested by the Beverly Hills PD and on the way to jail comments that their car "Is nicer than my apartment!".

I went to work and took a good look at the POS car I was assigned to, boy could I relate...................

Yeah, pimpin' ain't easy. :o

G

One of my favorite movie lines was in Beverly Hills Cop. Eddie gets arrested by the Beverly Hills PD and on the way to jail comments that their car "Is nicer than my apartment!".

I went to work and took a good look at the POS car I was assigned to, boy could I relate...................

Yeah, pimpin' ain't easy. :o

G

I hear you Wayne, my current clientele is bad, but nothing compares to the retches we dealt with at Transit.

In fact we had wagons we used for transport that were boxes on the back of pickup chassis. The insides were so covered in the body fluids of Drunks and the "Resididentially challenged" who were our frequent fliers, I couldnt bring myself to go anywhere near them. :blink:

i think i recognize the back seat of that car.lol

arrested.jpg

i love it

great job B)

Thanks Manny

I think I know that guy. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Charlie and Neil for the info about the MassCar show. You guys did a geat job.

Me and my 8 year old son Patrick had a great time.

he got his first model and has been building it every day after school.

Hopefully I have started him on a lifetime of enjoyment of this hobby.