Model Cars Magazine Forum

Daddy Warbucks Falcon

I've been home for a week after surgery so I've been working on the Daddy Warbucks Falcon, one of my faves from back in the day. The kit is not accurate by any stretch, but it looks good when done. So I added some details to the fuel injection and wired the engine with the correct firing order (like anyone could tell). I'm working on buttoning her up so I thought I'd share some pictures. If I did this again I'd use brass instead of plastic for the linkage, the plastic is too thick and out of scale, but that was all I had at the house. Oh, I also did this while 1/2 stoned on painkillers, so if it looks bad just tell me. I won't know or care for a couple of hours! Here's the photos, comments welcome!

DaddyWarbucksFalcon002.jpg

DaddyWarbucksFalcon001.jpg

Nice build Ron. I don't think the linkage looks bad at all. What paint did you use? The color looks perfect.

Mark

Thanks guys! Like I said, good looking kit when built, and I think it's one of my better paint jobs. Since you asked about the color, Mark, I shot a white base coat followed by a custom mix of orange and red. About a 1/4 oz of orange, then a splash of red, and then 10 more drops of red to darken it up. I know, that doesn't help much. The original color was Ford Poppy Red which is sort of orange, Gas Rhonda's cars were the same color. I think there's a company out there that sells the correct colors in spray bombs and by the ounce for airbrushing. Thanks for looking!