Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cherry 2000

kruleworld

This movie from 1987 is a bit forgettable with it's story about robot wives that only have spare parts in the middle of a deserted forbidden zone, but the Mustang that Melanie Griffith's character drives is quite distinct. I had a AMT 65 mustang hardtop languishing in my junk box, so i decided to use it to make this car. At some point it's roof had been cut off and had been glued back on, so it's a bit of a junker. it was already red, so i didn't bother to repaint it. i just added the black 'burn' to the front half and the stripe across the top. i also scratchbuilt the front and rear 'bumpers' complete with winch. I also added the big tires (from the amt 73 mustang kit) which meant i needed to raise it up. rather than rebuild the chassis (which is all molded in one part) i simply added spacers to raise the body away from the chassis. i also sprayed some 'dust' across the rear. to do, i just need to finish up the weathering and photo it outside.

imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092746/

716.jpg

cherry_1.jpg

cherry_2.jpg

a pic of the front and rear 'bumper'

cherry_3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...