Model Cars Magazine Forum

Did any model companies make a 1/25 kit with a Ford 351 Windsor?

The question is pretty simple - I'm not asking about 289/302s, 1/24 302s or anything else quasi-related. While I realize the difference in deck height would be negligible in scale, I'd still like to know the answer.

I just dug out a Revell 302, and an AMT 351 ('93 F-150), and they're very close in size. The '92=95 F-150 kits would be the easiest to source- they all come with an AOD, but if you wanted a passenger-car automatic transmission or a manual, you could graft one on pretty easily. The Revell '94-up Mustangs all have modern five-speed manuals, the AMT '67 Shelby has a nice four-speed (If I recall correctly, it even has a separate bellhousing and shift linkage), and the Revell street rod kits have a late model EOD auto.

I've used the F-150 351 block in the past with the manual trans from a '94 Mustang and everything matched up pretty well with minimal file work. (Only reason I did the 'cut and paste' was because I somehow managed to mess up the block on the Mustang casting, but still wanted to use the 5-speed.)

Edited by Chuck Most

In additon to what has previously been mentioned, he Revell '32 Fords come with a 5.0 (302) which could be made to work- as you said, the deck height/width issues would be negligable in 1:25.

I dont quite agree with that. The 289/302 are a little to narrow as it is in most kits, I dont think they would pass very well as the wider 351