Model Cars Magazine Forum

So I cant park

My buddy called me today and asked to borrow a sledge hammer, so I said I would bring it to him, met him at a fast food place , so I get there, and try and park next his truck. Well thats when my parking skills stopped, I put a very nice dent in the lower part of this rear cab door, he has a dodge quad cab.

The damage was just limited to the door, so no damage to cab, and I feel horrible, and on top of that, I was driving my moms truck, since my car is still in shop, I have been borrowing her truck.

He is buying the dodge from my mom, it was her late husband truck.

I can laugh at it, but I still feel really bad about it, and to top it off , the Mrs. was with me, so I am never to going to live this one down

Jonathan, being as I once used to work in Mesa and Chandler , it's no wonder you never learned to park . Look, ya'all don't even have curbs , well curbs that are curbs . Me , I had to come back her to Virginia and deal wiff ole Dee Cee tooooooooo much . Look, we have to park parallel here . I also had to learn how to do when I first got my license and do it again when I moved to Los Angles and again during the years I lived in Houston . Maybe you need to learn how to live in a city that has curbs .............. Ed Shaver

Edited by Eshaver

at least you didn't hit a jet dryer :rolleyes:

I agree, I dont want to be another Juan that hits a jet dryer, the sad thing is I have no problems backing a truck up, pulling a trailer, backing up a truck with a trailer, but god forbid I have to pull in to a parking spot with that truck.

Two things I dont know, one is why I posted what I did :lol: , and why I have a problem with this truck, and its only this truck, I was driving the dodge that I hit before he got it, never had problems parking it, but I have problems parking the Avalanche for some reason

Don't feel bad last year we had a deal at our model club "drive your cool car to the meeting" . I rode with a friend in his car, a crown vic we got there and parked next to a 50 olds. Really cool car black, with flames. I had no idea who's it was. I went back to the vic an hour later to put some kits I bought in the back seat. Opening the door I expected it to be much heavier door than it actually was, sure enough the door got away from me and bang up against the olds. Nice BIG ding in the quarter panel of Olds, no damage to the vic. If I could have crawled under a rock I would have, I found the owner and with tears in my eyes i was appogizing and felt like an idiot. I of course paid for the damage but it still didn't take away the crappy feeling I had for doing such a bonehead thing.

I've been perty luck soo far (knock on wood)

But my G/F not soo lucky.

While she was backing up into the drive way with my New car, She backed up and hit her new car.

BTW: It was all my fault for some reason because I parked her car next to the drive way. :blink:

Edited by RodneyBad

All this is kind of like the wife backing my new pickup out of the garage one morning.

The bad part of this is, I had backed it in the night before.

No it really happened, the pickup was stick shift (4 on the floor) wife didn't than and still doesn't to this day drive stick shift. She got in the truck, got it started and put it in what she throught was 1st gear (actually reverse) and dumped the clutch.

Well the rear end of the truck went better than 1/2 way out the rear end of the garage.

Jeff

I was standing on the "veranda" of the police station having just concluded roll call. I was smoking and watching my peeps on the parking lot.

To my horror I see one police car back out and swing right, another, parked a car away, back out and swing left. Yes, they hit in the middle of the parking lot. Right rear fender to left rear fender.

Aw Jeez, paperwork.

I couldn't decide to laugh or cry so I told them meet me in my office. One young stalwart asks about the cars and, "shouldn't we park them?" I mentioned that since he "couldn't drive anydarnway" he should "stayawayfromthedoggonecar" Or words to that effect. ;)

The older guys knew better and kept their mouths shut.

G

And you posted it here! Now the WHOLE world will know. Fellow members - please warn everyone in Phoenix to be late for any appointments with Jonathan. As long as you get there after he does, your vehicle might be safe.

Good advice.

I'll spread it around amongst everyone! :lol::D:lol:

Thanks for the suggestion. We're all about safety here in Phoenix.

B) - censored.gif

Not a Phoenix thing, but I have seen a lot of drivers here that have trouble centering their vehicles within a parking space--esp. full size trucks...seen a lot of sloppy parkers that have a rear wheel of their vehicle on the line or across the line, way too close to the next vehicle or wasting a space..grrr.

One thing I'm glad w/ summer approaching is that I have underground parking at my current job...hated the times I've had to do street parking in downtown Scottsdale (last year) or out in the burbs in a large sun-baked corporate parking lot...