Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 chevy pro mod w.i.p (updates 11/11/12)

tyrone

Thanks alot fellas, I made up some headers from styrene tube, then I made eight 90 degree elbows, to slide up inside the tubes, I still need to clean them up, add some bracing, drill out the tips, and drill for the sensors, then I'll hit them with different shades of alclad... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

001-7.jpg

002-9.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-10.jpg

Thanks fellas, I've got them cleaned up, drilled my holes, and added some alclad.. I also added some carbon fiber pieces to both sides on the chassis in front of the rack and pinion to mounts electronics, and stuff on... thanks for looking in and comments welcome...

010-7.jpg

011-7.jpg

014-4.jpg

015-3.jpg

016.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Looking good Tyrone, What color alclad is that?

Thanks Joe, I started out with some gloss black. and then sprayed on some chrome alclad, then I misted on some copper and burnt metal metalizer paint to try and simulate some heat being run through them. I need to invest in a good air brush..but I'm pleased with it, still trying to get the hang of using this Alclad..

oh man! beautiful work as usual Tyrone! any ideas on the paint scheme yet??

Thanks Bill.. I've been playing around with some ideas...I have my eyes on a Tom Mcewen funny car that ends today on ebay.. I need it for the decal sheet.. I kinda want to go that route, using those decals and a nice clean paint job... but I kinda want to throw something wild at it too... can't find any good pics on the web to give me any ideas though.....

Thanks for all the nice comments fellas.. really appreciate it... I've spent the whole day sanding on this bad boy.. I got a coat of primer on to see where I am.. still a few spots to work on... it's pretty smooth though... thanks for looking and comments welcome..

001-8.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-11.jpg

004-11.jpg

005-10.jpg