Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shelby Daytona?

After a quick search I saw that this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything new about a 64/65 shelby daytona coupe kit being worked on. I've been wanting to build one since I started modelling, but I can't justify spending nearly 200 on the HRM kit right now.

Edited by RattleCan

Academy had announced a Daytona Coupe late last year for this years release but I haven't seen hyde nor hair of the beast. I heard it was no longer on their site either. Can anyone confirm?

They aren't going to make it as far as I know. I see Revell is producing the Corvettes Academy tooled.

Find your self an old Lindberg kit and an AMT roadster and get bashing.m_4056.jpg

That's gonna be kinda hard since Lindberg's kit is 1/32nd scale.

Well then, I would say it is time for us model building cave dwellers to start banging our tin cans and make some noise for the Cobra Daytona Coupe! I mean, after all, such a powerful and influencial race car should be a "no-brainer" in the current climate of our hobby, no? Yes! Academy is, for all purposes, DOA. At least as far as this kit is concerned.

Edited by Jon Cole