Model Cars Magazine Forum

76 Gremlin

Guest JamesDE

Guest JamesDE

Lol, yes, I agree, the box was ridiculously too big. When I got the package in the mail, I was confused as to why it was packaged in a rectangular box, then opened it to see the kit was the same size and dimensions... It seems like a fairly nice kit.. Way better than the Lindberg kit, plus I'm diggin the stock wheels.... Since I'm also posting this and would like to continue posting on Gary Seeds Facebook group, the rims will change to the stock wheels but on the Pegasus 5.20 whitewall tires...

I will be updating this soon enough...

Guest JamesDE

I saw that Chuck.... Nice little bonus there...

Yes Jim, in the 70s, there was lowriders...A good reference movie to lowriding in the 70s was "Boulevard Nights"

Guest JamesDE

Got a little done. Shaved the door handles and got the body in primer, and have the dash and firewall in some paint... The car will be patterned...

cfd77c49.jpg

0c736d8b.jpg

6e1507e5.jpg

your pimpmobile gremlin is coming along nicely.

1970s lowrider?? Did we have them back then? Should be an interesting build.

how little you know, padawan. in 1975 the band 'War' released a song titled Lowrider, that went number 1 on billboard. lowriders ARE the 70s. for those who don't know it, it's the song Cage and crew listens to in Gone in 60 Seconds (2001).

Edited by kruleworld

Guest JamesDE

Thanks guys....

Got a bit more done... Got my first color on the body, and got some parts painted...

I like to paint parts on the tree and then trim them from the tree and touch up as needed... Makes life a bit easier....

a99ee15b.jpg

0eb6b0ba.jpg