Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 Starliner

Fat Brian

This has been sitting in the box about 90% done for atleast five years. It was some low hanging fruit that made it easy to get something finished. The wheels are XS tuning but the rear tires are from the AMT Supra kits. You can't see it in the crappy pics but I did a carb linkage on the dual four barrels, I hate my camera.

starliner1.jpg

starliner2.jpg

starliner3.jpg

I like this kit but, still I don't have it. Your's is beautiful Brian! That color is very unusual, it really gives it a custom look.

The color is Testors purple metal flake shot from a can with two coats of Testors clear. It's one of my high percentage paints, I always get a good paint job out of that color and a few others. I will say to anyone wanting to build this kit that overall the fit is great but there is an issue with the upper radiator support.

Beautiful build. I have this one too. Thanks for the radiator tip.

I was going to explain a little more but was in a hurry this morning. The radiator core support comes in two peices, the lower peice that is the front wall of the engine bay that the radiator mounts to and the upper brace that has the coolant tank and upper hose molded to it. Your best bet is probably to sand down the top of the lower peice and the top of the radiator and shorted the battery. What happens is that when the chassis is pushed all the way into the body the upper peice hits the hood and raises it up. The coolant tank also interferes with the distributor.

Edited by Fat Brian