Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 T Bird Funnycar

Thanks everyone, I've applied another thin skim of putty, I also brought the top of the rear wheel arches down, after I've sanded the putty again I'll add a small lip around the rear wheel housings and the header openings and blend them in

DSCF8009-4.jpg

DSCF8009-4.jpg

Heck yeah man this thing is sweet! There's a full size 56 T-Bird funny car that I've seen run at Milan Dragway in Michigan. I'll try to dig up a pic for you. I checked out your Vette too, that one came out great.

Is this it it

http://www.flickr.co...ics/5520838435/

(not my photo that is why I posted a link, my photo is from Gateway and has to much stuff in the way)

Runs with the Great Lakes Funny Car Circuit

http://www.glnfcc.com/index.html

Brett your work is excellent

Edited by tbusch

thanks guys much appreciated

I noticed that both cars are 2seaters,is there a reason for that or can these mods be done on almost any car... :unsure::)

Micheal, I think you can turn almost anything into a believable funny car, the reason I started with the vette and T-bird first was I had both bodies as spares with no other use for them . Its probably a lot easier to use a two seater as there's less modification to do where the rear seat area is, but each body has its own unique issues to work through. I f you check out my " hacking up some late models" thread further down this page you'll see me doing the same process to the 06 camaro and soon an 09 challenger. I believe Andy "modelmartin" on this forum mastered a studebaker and 59 caddy funnycar so its just being able to visulise what you want and working towards it. Ask if you think something doesn't look right or flow, someone may just be able to help.

Todd, no, no name yet. Havent even picked colors yet which is unusual for me. Was leaning towards metallic reds and blues maybe a stars n stripes type thing. Really dont no at this stage. thanks for the suggestions tho :D

Hey Brett, one of the ideas I've been running thru my head for a little while for paint/scheme ideas for a chevy or a ford build (it doesn't matter if it's a F/C or a P/M), steals the idea from the Mopar, you know the BIG M mounted at an angle on the side, well for the Ford it would be a big blue oval with Ford written inside at a slight angle going over the rear fender & going into the door, for a chevy the bowtie in the same manner. Sound like a good idea?

Thanks Richard, could be an idea, have got it almost ready except for one problem area

DSCF8004-7.jpg

theres basically a line that I cant feel but can see where the front of the wedge was inserted and every time it gets primed it shows up, I can sand it back to bare plastic and have reputtied it but as soon as its primed it shows up again. Suggestions on how to remedy this would be greatly appreciated.

DSCF8008-4.jpg