Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Beretta GT

crazyjim

Hey CrazyJim,

Nice build on the kit. I havent seen one of those in a long time. I remember I had a resin body of the GTU convertible. That is surely missed as I can no longer find the resin body or the kit.

Hey Jim,

You got a good trade from Michelle. I havent talked to her all week. She gave me some helpful tips on how to do my 1/12th Mustang. I still havent started it yet. Im working on a AMT 70 1/2 Camaro right now. Trying to take my time as I usually rush thru my builds.

Hey Jim,

I plan on taking my time. Unfortunately I had to strip the body & will be starting over.I was using laquer paint & I was too far away. It dried before it hit the body. I was about a foot away when I should've been only 6-8 inches away. hope next round it will turn out better.

looks good, I just stripped the paint from one I've had for awhile, trying to figure out what new color to go with LOL. These make a nice replica of the Beretta, I kinda wish someone made a Corsica conversion kit but that's one that will never happen. The convt. resin body shows up once in a blue moon on ebay, keep your eyes open ;)

I have also had that problem with lacquer drying too quick. Out here in AZ. it's not being too close that causes me a problem it's the darn heat we get in the summer. if I have to paint I pretty much have to do it before 7 am.