Model Cars Magazine Forum

MISTER TWISTER Chevy II Nova..COMPLETE..12/01/13

Darryl, What is the silver tube with blue handle on top of the roll bar on the right side?.

Thanks fellas! Gordon, the car was air shifted and the bottle you see mounted on the roll bar is a co2 bottle. It is controlled by an electric solenoid (activation switch) that allows the car to shift at consistent rpms (the same rpm) on each and every run. Shift points could be changed from lets say...6700 rpm to 7200 rpm simply by changing a chip in the computer box. The bottom line is...is that it just makes for a more consistant race car. It sort of takes the driver out of the equation but thats ok if it makes the car more consistent. Thanks!

Edited by Mister Twister

Looking good Darryl.... I was looking for you and Wayne Saturday...

Thanks guys! Tyrone, I talked with Wayne in Sept. and at that time we both planned to attend the show in Atlanta. But, with Wayne being on the road and me not working right now...It just didn't work out for us this year. This is 2 years in a row that we've missed the show. I haven't been to a single show in 2013 but I hope to do several next year. I hope you had a great time and I saw some pics of the show with your builds on the table and they looked nice. Do you know who any of the winners were?

Looking good, Darryl! The paint job is incredible, nice shine and smooth paint. The windows look very good, too. This will be amazing build when finished, it sure is a lot of fun to build a Scale Replica of 1:1 car, isn't it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the nice comments guys...I appreciate it! I polished out the clear to a very nice luster and installed the windows. The body is now in place for good. I got the engine bay tin foiled and in place also. I had to modify the racing jacket somewhat (looks better now) and I'll work on the doors and some small details next. More soon (I hope) and thanks again!1520_zps705a83aa.jpg1521_zps477ec336.jpg1522_zps0ec24776.jpg1523_zps810f4555.jpg1519_zpsbff320e7.jpg

Not much done this week but I did get the chute in place (pics are somewhat dark..better ones later). I never pulled the chute on my car (not much need to on a 9 second car) but I put one in the model because its been a signature of mine with the open chutes for many years. So, needless to say the replica of my actual car has an open chute in the trunk. I don't know how many pieces of PE bolt head and screw head details I've used but its a lot (over 60 pieces throughout) and I got the dzus fasteners on the hood and trunk. Doors are next. Thanks!1525_zps46246806.jpg1527_zpse6ab2de2.jpg1528_zpsf0a0de23.jpg1529_zps9bff9c7c.jpg1524_zps9044ba60.jpg