Model Cars Magazine Forum

MISTER TWISTER Chevy II Nova..COMPLETE..12/01/13

Thanks guys....I appreciate it! I added a package shelf (because the real car has it), scratched out some coil over shocks and installed the rear end and wheelie wheels (made some springs for the wheelie bars), installed the fuel pump and I still have to route the plumbing and I added some burnt rubber debris to the chassis pan. I also added a shop rag with some tools near the battery. I'll do more miscellaneous things like the tools as I progress. I also found a trans that resembles a powerglide. Thanks for looking in.1416_zps096d422c.jpg1417_zps13d1da62.jpg1418_zpsfb250605.jpg1419_zpsf7ebb335.jpg1415_zps2b18774e.jpg

Very nice work and interesting subject. It must be a lot of fun to build a replica of your own car. That's something I'd like to try too. Very nice detail work so far in the interior and chassis. I can't wait to see more.

Thanks to all for the great comments! I worked on the body this week and I enlarged the rear wheel wells just a bit and sprayed on some primer and found some bad spots that were sanded out and then reprimed. I sprayed the body in Dupli-Color cardinal red which is a Ford color and a close match to the real car. The paint went on very nice as humidity has been fairly low this week and that always helps. I let the paint set and gas out for a couple of days and harden up a bit. Then, I applied the decals that my friend Wayne Stevens, JR. (1320Wayne) made for me. I sprayed a coat of clear on the sheet awhile back as Wayne instructed me to do.. so that the decals wouldn't seperate from the backing paper. Man....Did they ever go on smooth! I was so happy to see that MISTER TWISTER name on those doors that I just about did back flips! Thanks much Wayne...The decal sheet is great! I used a few others that Wayne made because they're not available in commercial form. The rest of the decals are from a Slixx sponsor sheet and some others. Anyway...I am happy with the paint and decals at this point needless to say. Next, will be clear...Maybe this week if humidity stays low, and then, onto the engine details. Thanks and more to come.1473_zps7eb49fa7.jpg1474_zps7c329469.jpg1475_zps23ac0e79.jpg1477_zpsf0bbcf86.jpg1470_zps6e77262b.jpg

Edited by Mister Twister