Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finned '49 Merc Almost Done! 10-21-12

BKcustoms

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys, it really means a lot! I managed to finish the bodywork and get some primer sprayed on this week. After spending a few hours trying to scribe the trunk lines without success i just ended up opening the trunk using a decklid i had off of an AMT 49 merc and scratchbuilt hinges. Let me know what you think! I hope to have some color on this soon.

100_2426.jpg

100_2427.jpg

100_2428.jpg

100_2429.jpg

Thanks for looking! Billy

• 1 month later...

Update Time! it took a little longer than I would have liked but the Merc is painted! I used a custom mix of green, gold, and yellow pearls sprayed over black for the green and the ghost flames were done using a light gold pearlwith some of the green mixture sprayed over it to tone them down so they only show up at certain angles. I also finished the major assembly of the frame, suspension was painted using testors metalizers and i used scratchbuilt coil springs in the front. Anyway enough talk heres the pics..

100_2528.jpg

100_2524.jpg

100_2525.jpg

100_2527.jpg

100_2529.jpg

100_2531.jpg

I need to have this one finished by next weekend so expect some updates soon...Billy

Thanks for all the encouragement guys! I really wasn't sure how this was going to turn out but I'm pretty happy with the outcome so far :)

Anyway, heres some progress. I've managed to get the interior painted and it's now ready for final detailing along with the chassis and engine bay.

100_2556.jpg

100_2550.jpg

100_2554.jpg

here's a few mockups to show the final ride height

100_2547.jpg

100_2549.jpg

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think! next update will be under glass... Billy