Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/6 scale Vega

Jim3

Ive had this lonely old 1/6 scale small block chevy setting on my shelf for years..

So I figured Id do something with it... I shaped up a foam buck for a fiberglass shell to work with..

Would diffinatly use something different for a buck next time : ) ...

Still have a long road ahead of me but here are a few pics of what I have so far... Thanks for lookin...

P06-16-12_17-091.jpg

P06-23-12_20-35.jpg

A few layers of bondo later

P07-04-12_23-12.jpg

Thanks Fred.. It will be some what detailed ..

Im going with a 80's style pro stock look... Lift off hood with hood pins, might open up the hatch too..

Tubbed out ,some wiring- fuel & brake lines ... Depends on how much hair I'll have left on the rest.. LOL !

Very impressive Jimmy, nice mock up of the Vega. So you did the basic shape in foam then fiberglassed over it, then to come back and sling some bondo on it? I take it you plan to carve in the details into the bondo then? Will you then throw on some more fiberglass to get your final product at that point?

I have my eye on this build for sure!

What would you charge to make another body???? i have a project and i need a body for it but since you already made one B) let me know :P

i have been making some 1/6th scale parts too ;)

I'm interested in a body too

Thanks ...

You guys are probaly gonna laugh ,

but I was lookin for something to use to make side walls with for a 3 piece slick..

and there it was in front of my face for a while now... with a little more work on the final pieces I think they'll work fine for me....

A rubbermaid lid for a mold......

P07-15-12_21-46.jpg

Here is a pic of the casted side ,the lid I used had a couple dimples on one side which will work out fine for the bottom side of the slicks..

P07-15-12_21-441.jpg

P07-15-12_21-44.jpg

Edited by Jim3

Here are a couple more things Ive been working on too... A bellhousing and I also found a muscle machine blower I cut the ends off and beefed them up a little... as always thanks for lookin...

P07-15-12_21-39.jpg

P07-15-12_13-35.jpg

P07-15-12_13-30.jpg