Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 chevy sedan delivery truck (FINISHED)

stulee11

hi all been away from the bench for a while as life got in the way... but i am back now with a new project to play with hope yall like and will follow along for the ride... as always any comments and help will be much appreciated....

thanks stu

this is the model

20120728_155522.jpg

this is all the body out ready for work

20120728_155600.jpg

as you can see i am opening her up fully

20120728_211859.jpg20120728_211905.jpg

Edited by stulee11

is it going to be out of box or hotroded with small block v8 all the good stuff

mostly oob just adding wiring and little bits... and i might be changing the wheels to... but who knows where this will end up cuz i really dont lol.

hi all back again with another small update...doors are on and working... but i could do with a little help here now. on the doors and front wings being as i cut open the doors there is a gap do i fill this or leave it ???

2012-07-30224256.png20120730_222404.jpg

did a little moch up

20120730_222928.jpg

hope yall like the progress... and as always any coments good or bad are more then welcome...

thanks for looking in see ya soon

stu :)

I would fill the gap as i dont believe it would be there on a 1:1 version. Maybe someone else will chime in with their .02

I think it will clean it up for when your displaying it with the doors as well. I like the fender skirts.

These gaps are a problem with most kits that have opening doors. All you can do is to carefully fill the gaps! There are a few things you will have to take care with on this kit and this also goes for the Fleetline: First you need to test fit evrything as there are a few places where you will need to do some reshaping the the paarts to get them to fit properly. Second is the fact you have to be very careful shaping and fitting the Photoetched parts, as they are easily damaged. Third you must check the parts carefully for some hard to see flash, that can cause problem later in the build.

last one

20120731_150431.jpg

the thing i like with this kits engine is the fact there is the spark plugs in the block so adds a nice bit of detail... hope you all are enjoying...

thanks for looking in

see ya soon with another update

thanks stu :)

hi all back again... this time i am in ned of some advice please...

20120731_213231.jpg

as you can see the dash board is held in place by the door cards... but being as i have opened the doors up there is no where for the dash to sit... could someone please give me some ideas on what to do as i am lost lol...

heres another view

20120731_213300.jpg

hope someone can help me lol...

thanks for looking in

stu :)

First, I know it's too late now, but on the 1:1 car/truck? the panels were open, as to the dash problem, why not take a que from the real car, & support the dash from the cowl section? Just my opinion, but that would seem to be the logical choice. Keep up the great job, Lookin' good!