Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

Brilliant work .

excellent time and effort in the machining of the engine , Especially considering it's all manual work.

Personal thanks for all the stage by stage photo's

Ballast maybe required on the oppsite end..?> possibly.

thank you Boreham, I do have a lot of time and effort in this, but when it is fun it really doesn't seem like it, lol hopefully the brass chassis will turn out ok and hold it too! lol

The more I see, Bill, the more convinced that your engine shouldn't even be in a body. I'd set it out there all on its own.

Jim I will probably show the engine a few times like it sets in some misc. or 100% scratch classes, I did that with my last build with some of the parts I made for it, thanks man!

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and then some

Machining something this small must exagerate errors. An angle a degree or two off, or one piece a hair too short or long would cause fit issues that can easily be dealt with in plastic. Nothing that a couple swipes across some 220 grit, or a slight touch up with a file.

But in metal there's no flexibility. Start trying to adjust things and it just gets worse. Pretty soon you need to toss out the part and start over. Looking at all the progress pics in your WIP, I don't see any such issues. The fit of each part to another looks great, very precise. Yet another indication of just how cool this little monster is.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and then some

Machining something this small must exagerate errors. An angle a degree or two off, or one piece a hair too short or long would cause fit issues that can easily be dealt with in plastic. Nothing that a couple swipes across some 220 grit, or a slight touch up with a file.

But in metal there's no flexibility. Start trying to adjust things and it just gets worse. Pretty soon you need to toss out the part and start over. Looking at all the progress pics in your WIP, I don't see any such issues. The fit of each part to another looks great, very precise. Yet another indication of just how cool this little monster is.

you are right Alyn, thousanths of an inch are noticable on this small stuff! its not perfect by no means! but I am very happy with it so far, thanks brother!

What junk! It's out of scale, the valve covers are too high, the aluminum is the wrong color, the....oh of course I'm kidding! This thing is so far over the top it's unbelievable! Beautiful man...just beautiful! ;)

Hi Bill,

Just awesome work!!! Really enjoy following along on this one :)

Randy

appreciate it Terry, thanks for checking in on it!

Randy, I appreciate the kind words, really enjoying your engine as well !!!