Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

Nothing short of amazing work. I only wish I had the skill to think of taking modeling to this extreme. Watching this one...

Great work, Bill.

You're probably the only one around here that will start up the engine to get the proper heat staining.

thanks so much Jon, don't be afraid to tackle something, just jump in and start doing it!!

man Alyn I wish that were true, I could choke us out of the meetings :wacko:

Brad's right - basket weaving looks real good now.

Masterpiece work like a couple other guys have said. Those pulleys look spot on.

HOLY #$%^ batman!! that is incredible Bill! beautiful work my friend.........my jaw is on the floor again....

oh and you just had to mkae the power steering pump didnt ya? LOL keep at it man, its amazing!

cheers

bryan

Dave I appreciate it man, lucky they turned out as good as they did, I got mega time in the pulley set up!

yea Bryan I had to try it at least, what the heck, thanks for looking in man!

This is so AMAZING!!!, Im new to this Forum and this is my first post in "The Workbench" area and I have to say. WOW!!! you have a great talent for scale building. I hope you the best on your build and cant wait to see more of it!!

WOW!!!

Bryan

thanks Bryan, and welcome to the forum! hope to see some of your stuff on here!

Brandon, thanks man!

hey Bryan, making some slow progress, should have some pics up soon, thanks man!

hi Randy, if I could stop looking at your post I might get something done on mine! lol the welds are just some decorative wire I found at a craft store, just formed it around the joints, I think it adds a little characature, just not 100% sure I like it! I may be asking for a lil advise when I start on my chassis if you would be kind enough to give me some pointers!! thanks my friend, means alot!

I appreciate that Zac, thanks for checkin in on it!

This is just simply the most awesome-est thing that I have ever had the pleasure of viewing.I have done some free-hand mill work myself but it was with an Industrial size mill. So I know to do it in this scale is a great feat. I wonder if the mini mills from micro-mark could or would give the same results? I could sourse the aluminum stock from the scrap we throw out at work.We will find out come income tax time.

BILL YOU RULE!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with the chassis.bigtim

Hay bill im in need of a fix er i meen we need to see more pics lol :lol:

This is just simply the most awesome-est thing that I have ever had the pleasure of viewing.I have done some free-hand mill work myself but it was with an Industrial size mill. So I know to do it in this scale is a great feat. I wonder if the mini mills from micro-mark could or would give the same results? I could sourse the aluminum stock from the scrap we throw out at work.We will find out come income tax time.

BILL YOU RULE!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with the chassis.bigtim

ok Doob, I will hook you up, thanks man!

Tim I really appreciate that kind words, any of the small lathes and mills will do this type of work just fine, I hope you have good luck with it, look forward to seeing it!