Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

finally got a little something done on this project, geez! 3 months and still don't have the engine done! I hope the rest of this build goes a little quicker! lol got the scatter shield and block plate made, added some hex styrene for the bolts. I milled the inside out to help lighten it up.IMG_1252-vi.jpgIMG_1253-vi.jpg

Hi Bill, You call that progress?????, TWO PICTURES!!!!!!

O'kay, works for me :D :D :D You build the sweetest looking parts! That heat staining is awesome. How did you do that?

Hang in there my friend, it is not fast but it sure is some of the best stuff on this forum .

Randy

Edited by Randy D

Styrene??? Really? This engine has got to be one of the most... beautiful scale replicas that I have ever seen and the thought that you're incorporating styrene in the build with all of that machined billet just boggles my mind. Please, don't take offense...I don't have the skills or equipment to produce such a work of art but I wonder why you chose to use styrene hex stock for bellhousing hardware. Did you consider using appropriately sized hex screw heads but decide against that for any reason or did you go with styrene to expedite the build?

Looking Great, Bill! This really is one of the best builds on this forum. That heat staining looks very realistic to me, it's just perfect. Good to hear that you have correct firing order, otherwise it wouldn't work so nicely when you get everything mounted and all liquids like water and oils inside the engine. :lol: :lol:

Styrene??? Really? This engine has got to be one of the most... beautiful scale replicas that I have ever seen and the thought that you're incorporating styrene in the build with all of that machined billet just boggles my mind. Please, don't take offense...I don't have the skills or equipment to produce such a work of art but I wonder why you chose to use styrene hex stock for bellhousing hardware. Did you consider using appropriately sized hex screw heads but decide against that for any reason or did you go with styrene to expedite the build?

hey John, there is a good reason, that being I don't have an extra 100 bucks layin around for all the bolts I would need to do this project, thanks for looking in on it!

Niko, thanks little buddy, that is very kind of you!

Corey thanks man!

Danny, Jon, Michael, thanks guys!

Dave, Loius, really appreciate it!

ya Bryan plastic bolts, can't afford all of the stainless bolts it would take for this project! maybe next time, thanks man!

hi Jon , wouldn't that be something? I am sure its not the smallest by far, but it would be pretty cool!!