Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chip King`s: "Shark Mouth" Daytona Pro Mod -new project 8/3/12

Hello.......thanks guys for the kind comments....... all the wheels will be re-movable........I got the front brakes and rotors with brackets studs and shock assembly finished,all scratch built except for Mr. paul Rowe`s rotors.......I modified Mr. Paul Rowe`s rear brakes and rotor assembly with scratch built stud assembly........I also started to modify the Flashpoint Resins scoop.........I made a scoop plate, junction box and hollowed out the scoop and started on the butterflies........thanks for looking.

DSCF3843.jpg

DSCF3846.jpg

DSCF3844.jpg

DSCF3845.jpg

DSCF3849.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.......Dr. Cranky ,thank you very much for your kind comment.........I got the engine mocked-up.....I made working butterflies , throttle bracket and a fuel barrel for the scoop ........I also made a belt guard and modified one of the pulleys......thanks for looking.

DSCF3880.jpg

DSCF3876.jpg

DSCF3878.jpg

DSCF3877.jpg

DSCF3879.jpg

DSCF3875.jpg

john, you may want to swap those blower pulleys around. the big one goes on the crankshaft. your setup would be under driving the blower.

very nice build.

Dave.......thank you .......I corrected that........I did the same thing on my Jag :wacko::blink::unsure::blink:........I have to slow down a little .

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......thank you all for the kind comments........I started work on the plumbing........all hex fittings, I used hex rod drilled out and cut to size.......the smaller fuel line is from "Pro Tech" and I cut small pieces of the fuel line for fittings......I made a couple of junction boxes.......and the fuel barrel is painted and plumed.......I used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends.......also made a blanket wrap for the blower....... I also started work on the fuel pump .......thanks for looking.

DSCF3904.jpg

DSCF3907.jpg

DSCF3905.jpg

DSCF3913.jpg

DSCF3892.jpg