Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

LA RATA AZTECA (Revell 40 Ford)

Dr. Cranky

You can go crazy using this many paints with the airbrush, although it's not so bad since most clean up with water and all window cleaning fluid . . .

But the results, I think, are really spectacular. I don't care how many times I do this, it always feels like I am going off a cliff each and every time.

iimg][img]<a%20%20data-cke-saved-href=

Just trying to create some nice contrast between the parts . . .

IMG_5464-vi.jpg?1344905801

This is all straight out of the paint booth and the kitchen sink where I wash off the salt . . . with a soft bristle brush.

I still have to apply washes and you know some of EYEGORE's gunk, funk, and junk. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are just starting to have some fun.

Edited by Dr. Cranky

Thanks, everyone. This process is always what I would call losing my mind to the rust. Now the fun part begins of weathering and detailing it further and then building the thing.

I would like to apply some graphics, and I am very tempted to put some flame decals on this one, but I have to see how it looks by testing it on one panel.

Stay tuned in for more, and again, thank you for the generosity of spirit.

Hey Doc, I'm not a big fan of chopped '40's, they have great lines from the factory don't they? The grey/green factory colors are a little suttle for a rod, but look good with cream wheels/firewall ( a '40 has to have a contrasting or complimentary firewall ! ). The same goes for the maroons of 1940. They look good without hoods too, as long as those big honkin kit hood hinge slots are covered . Keep us posted .............