Model Cars Magazine Forum

The 2014 Corvette?

I kinda like it. I agree it needs round taillights and to lose the LED nonsense. I've never been a fan of the C6 so IMO this is a step in the right direction. As said above they've gotten too big and heavy to be a world-class sports car. Same goes for the Camaro, I couldn't believe how BIG it is up close! It's supposed to be a 'pony car'.

I kinda like it. I agree it needs round taillights and to lose the LED nonsense. I've never been a fan of the C6 so IMO this is a step in the right direction. As said above they've gotten too big and heavy to be a world-class sports car. Same goes for the Camaro, I couldn't believe how BIG it is up close! It's supposed to be a 'pony car'.

..... have you driven a new Camaro? may be big, but even the v6 moves. more power from the sixers than the last generation of lt-1s were putting out, as well as a bit less torque.

all the guys I always hear complaining about them being big and bulky, and all that..... havent even sat in one, let alone could buy one.

In the end.... theres alot of styles/fads etc That I dont like...... but if you aint puttin up the cash...... obviously people are , who do like it.

The current C6 Corvette is smaller and lighter than it's predecessor (C5) and it's a bit shorter than the 911. The Camaro is about 3 inches shorter than the 4th gen was. I like the size and looks of the Camaro quite a bit, find it hard to see out of, though. It's still a pretty cool car, IMO. I don't get the 'big' argument, it's smaller than the Challenger.

As far as Corvette powertrains, I've read the C7 will have the new 5th gen SBC, approx. 5.5 litres. GM is developing a twin turbo V6 (based on the DI 3.6) for the upcoming Caddy ATS V series, I've read.

Autoblog has some spy pics of diguised C7 mules.. http://www.autoblog.com/photos/chevy-corvette-c7-prototype-spy-shots/#photo-4762123/

Edited by Rob Hall

Don't know how realistic these images are, but it would be interesting to see a C-pillar window...the Corvette coupe C-pillar hasn't changed much since the big rear window was added to the C3 in '78.

Amen to that! I'm a bit tired of the "bubbleback" rear glass that has been a permanent fixture for Corvette styling since then. It would be nice to see something refreshing-----as someone mentioned, a big departure as the '63 was from the '62 and earlier models. They got away from hidden headlights.........now lets go for the rest of the car! ;)

Edited by MrObsessive

looks like a cheap copy of a Nissan "Z" car to me.....

Hey great minds think alike lol...well, I dunno if mine is great :P But yeah, it is so much like a Nissan that I would swear it was an R38 or next 3xx prototype.

On a different note, I have to disagree on dissing leds in two cases...Audis and the new Camaros...and the Camaros are just optional halos so, yeah.

Edited by Skydime

Funny...I always thought the Ferrari F12 looked like a not-very-graceful copy of the C6. I'm not a fan of all the busy details on this rendering, but the intro says specifically "the artists are not in any way connected with GM", or some such, so it's nothing but pure speculation anyway. Just something to get attention, no substance.

I personally still prefer the C5. Think I'll buy one. It's GOT to be the best deal in fast-for-the-buck on the planet.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

The Corvette over the last several generations has gotten too big and too heavy.

So have most other cars, too, at least in Europe.

The Corvette still wins races though, and you can't beat it in the bang for the buck department.

The new ZR1 will outperform a Fiorano in every aspect, yet for the price of the 'rari you can buy two ZR1s, have one of them shipped to Monaco and spend a years holiday there.

just my 2 cents but I think it's pretty cool, I'm glad they're getting rid of the huge rear glass, that just never looked right to me!, and if it does look like a Ferrari who cares, think of how many cars have been copying the Aston Martin's recently