Model Cars Magazine Forum

THE "ROY MUNSON" 72 OLDSMOBILE CONVERTIBLE

bryan_m

got the rear bumper weathered a bit, i didnt wanna go too far, a little weathering on chrome goes a long way.......plus most trim is stainless steel...but bumpers arent.

its more dirt than anything....

muns002001.jpg

a couple shots in place....

muns002004.jpg

muns002005.jpg

stay tuned, more to come

bryan

i got the grille openings cleaned up a bit more.....and i got lucky! this kit has a really nice rad support, with rad detail on the outside of it! sure saved me alot of work, now i dont have to make one!

a few shots

muns003006.jpg

i do have a regular cutlass hood coming......im just using this one for mock up..

muns003004.jpg

thanks for lookin guys!

cheers

bryan

Bingo, you got it. OH boy, that rear bumper is looking great. Keep up the good progress. And welcome to Fotki.

thanks cranky, glad ya like it. i thought i might have went too far with the weathering on the rear bumper, but it is mostly "grungy grey" and "brown dirt"

yes, i hope fotki works better man, photobucket had been operating very poorly lately, i mean, i know its free but geez! you kinda expect some half way decent service from these guys! LOL ok, im done complainin! back to work

cheers

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

LOOK RAY............I AM READY TO WORK!!!!!!! LOL

muns001001.jpg

stay tuned fellas!

cheers

bryan

Ok, 1. You must go to the bathroom ALOT! and 2. What exactly is Art Masking Fluid?

The project is coming along, everything is turning out really nice, especially the rear bumper. Can't wait to see you do the paint work, keep it going.

thanks guys! i appreciate the comments......

jason, that is a liquid masker, it works where you cant use tape... be it too small or just too much curve or whatever..... ill be making these lights later, ill post pics of it for you...

cheers

bryan

ive got the DVD of this movie now, so i am armed with way more reference pics.......i just noticed that i will have to open the trunk up on this one...on the movie car the trunk doesnt shut properly (imagine that) and its held closed by a bungee............and the left tailight is covered with that clear red tape you can get for a quickie busted tail light fix! this is gonna be cool.......it has way more stuff wrong with it than i originally thought!

ill be at the bench in a bit fellas, stay tuned!

cheers

bryan