Model Cars Magazine Forum

THE "ROY MUNSON" 72 OLDSMOBILE CONVERTIBLE

bryan_m

Awesome work man!!! yeah, ya gotta add the bong, complete with " greenery " in the bowl!!! LOL!!!! :blink:;)

im thinkin about it...........it would be really funny! LOL

anyone here going to the three rivers model show/contest on the 30th of this month? if so let me know, and we can hang out....

cheers

bryan

ok guys, a couple of you asked me how i got that "pitted chrome" look on my bumpers, here ya go........ its very simple.

heres what you will need to do it...

photo-vi.jpg

testors dullcoat, i use three different mig rust powders, and two different colors of obriens weathering powders...

more to come

bryan

so i did all the "sub assemblies" for the chassis, shot everyhting with a coat of "brown boots" then a thin coat of red oxide primer, and finally dusted it lightly with more brown boots.... dusting it again makes it look more like rust to me than just using red oxide....

photo1-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

more to come!

bryan

i think i goofed on the battery though.....not that its all that important, but, arent the filler caps supposed to be green? its been so long since i have seen one of these old style batteries i forget.... i think the delcos had green caps.............oh well.

cheers

bryan