Model Cars Magazine Forum

dont forget

Junkman my dad's MG never had that many smoke leaks,but what was the main problem was the fact that it would try and start itself and drive away.Oh and did I mention my fathers Garage faced railroad tracks only 300 feet away.It's safe to say the little MG wouldn't have survived if my dad hadn't woken up in the middle of the night several times.

Have you inadvertantly let the smoke out of the wires on your classic British car?

This, then, is the solution to your problem!

You need a genuine Lucas Replacement Wiring Harness Smoke kit, P/N 530433,

They don't call Lord Lucas the Prince of Darkness for nothin' !!! I think I've about bled all the OEM smoke out of my wiring harness, looks like it gave up smoking some time ago! It definitely stopped it's wheezing when I put the high lift cam and roller rockers in it, people say that it goes like stink now. Have never followed myself so I really couldn't comment on that one...

When I worked at a Buick dealer a few years ago we had several Rendezvous(s)(plural?) come in filled with water in the light panel on the rear gate.We determined that the panels were replaced because the customers didn't pay for the Aquarium Option.

You fell for one of the oldest scams there is!

The fact is that your tires will be perfectly fine running on summer air all year 'round. Fussy types may still do the summer/winter air swap, but the computers on today's cars automatically recalibrate the outdoor air/tire air molecular ratio and make any necessary adjustments without you needing to do a thing. Do not be talked into paying for that seasonal air switch, it's a scam!

Hmm...wouldn't you want to put cool air in your tires in the summer and warm air in your tires in the winter? :)

When I worked at a Buick dealer a few years ago we had several Rendezvous(s)(plural?) come in filled with water in the light panel on the rear gate.We determined that the panels were replaced because the customers didn't pay for the Aquarium Option.

The rendezvous itself was a huge scam, my mom had one and it seemed like it spent more time broke than working like it should. Classic Goverment Motors.