Model Cars Magazine Forum

I can't use this engine!

2002p51

I just got the Revell '50 Oldsmobile and I really can't use that engine! Not in the car that is. :lol:

It would be a shame to hide this beautiful engine under a closed up hood.

oldsmotor01-vi.jpg

So the '50 Olds will be built curbside with the hood glued shut and this engine will go into some sort of hoodless hot rod so it can be seen.

I'm thinking maybe a '32 5-window coupe.

oldsmotor02-vi.jpg

The color is Model Master British Green Metallic and the intake, carbs, and alternator came from my parts box.

Same idea I have in mind- at least one of those Rockets built totally stock will end up in an early '20's Olds roadster based on the Beverly Hillbillies kit.

I plan on doing some workbench research on that engine pretty shortly- seeing how the existing Olds speed parts from old AMT and Revell kits adapt to it.

I plan on doing some workbench research on that engine pretty shortly- seeing how the existing Olds speed parts from old AMT and Revell kits adapt to it.

In case you missed it, see post #285 in the Olds kit review thread. I already did enough "workbench research" to verify that all of the available speed parts will adapt easily.

In case you missed it, see post #285 in the Olds kit review thread. I already did enough "workbench research" to verify that all of the available speed parts will adapt easily.

Nope, didn't miss it. I just still want to do a little research of my own. Can't let you have ALL the fun, can I? :rolleyes:

Sure, why not? I have an alternator on both of my flathead powered 1:1 cars.

This model engine is destined for a street rod so the alternator is appropriate.

Until I saw the engine that Len and Bill were building , I thought that Revell had messed up by putting an alternator in place of the generator (e.g. , I thought that being presented as being a factory-stock piece by Revell) :wacko: .

Until I saw the engine that Len and Bill were building , I thought that Revell had messed up by putting an alternator in place of the generator (e.g. , I thought that being presented as being a factory-stock piece by Revell) :wacko: .

One of my wife's favorite sayings is; "Life is a reading test."

In my initial post I wrote: ". . . the intake, carbs, and alternator came from my parts box."

One of my wife's favorite sayings is; "Life is a reading test."

In my initial post I wrote: ". . . the intake, carbs, and alternator came from my parts box."

You're right :unsure: I failed my *own* test here , too :blink: . Well , I was , afterall , more intrigued by the beautiful pics of your gorgeous engine , that I totally glossed-over the accompyning text :)

You're right :unsure: I failed my *own* test here , too :blink: . Well , I was , afterall , more intrigued by the beautiful pics of your gorgeous engine , that I totally glossed-over the accompyning text :)

I'll take that as a compliment! :lol:

Drew it looks awesome to me.... BTW are you planning on attending the va is for lovers 300?

Yes, got my credentials the other day. I'll be there on Sunday only.