Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aztec Warrior 1950 Ford custom Lowrider Pick up Finished Moved to Under Glass

Thanks James and John, I can't wait to see it finished either..... I wish I had more time to devote to it I am at that point that I want to get it done and out of the way for the other builds I have planned and started............

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_20140619_172830_zpsaa97fa1b.jpg
IMG_20140619_172820_zps6b7e8637.jpg
IMG_20140619_172845_zps53f8f24f.jpg
Haven't done much to the truck since the hydro plumbing, been working on a back drop for the warrior, I have a bunch of 3d sign foam and decided this truck needed a diorama, so this is the back of the diorama been carving the design in to the foam, more to come.

Just take a break Darren- this is a hobby, not a job.

When I get a little burned-out, I sometimes find that cleaning and straightening my work area helps to break the slump.

And if it doesn't, at least I've put my toys away until I'm ready to play again.

David G.

The next update will be with color in it, I can finally say that I am on the final bodywork/putty/primer stage to get it ready for the paint booth. so the next update will have color in it finally! WOOOHOOOO i can see the end of this project coming soon......

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks James, finally decided on a color and its probably not going to excite a lot of people but with all the going on with the foamwork I labored for weeks over what to do for graphics on the truck but felt that it would push it over the gaudy ledge and take a way from the over all look, I am going rootbeer one coat testors lacquer (since it has a great sparkle effect in the light) with a few little aztec type subtle graphics on the hood and fenders and some pinstriping. It should really help to make the foam work pop, Pics to come soon.......

Edited by Darren B

another little update, finally figured out what to use for the aquarium water, totally dry and has enough bubbles in it to be convincing, only problem is no fish, that is my next task in the future to figure out what will work for fish!!!
IMG_20140728_140301_zpsc4b25ec4.jpg

A little sneak peak of the paint color, this is the hood with a graphic that I cut out of a lowrider magazine that I glued to the hood and will smooth out with clear coat to act as a mural. It matches the rootbeer rather well..
IMG_20140728_145517_zps1e1f5788.jpg

IMG_20140728_145607_zps2a5c6c10.jpg

Edited by Darren B