Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Nice haul Trevor! I didn't know the made that VW I used to have a 86 Wolfsberg edition. That was 15" wheels was Huge :blink: Nice door prize and I really like the ASA cars. I've seen the Camaro but had no clue they made a T-bird. I smell a diorama :rolleyes: Oh and thanks for the feedback guys on Model Wax. I had no clue there was model specific ones. I always used Turtle Wax rubbing compound first then liquid wax. Now I'm playing with Future and like it if I can get rid of the air bubbles :blink:

opened but sealed inside

carpenter55.jpg

restoreable glue bomb

newapril010001.jpg

motors pretty much together including the sump which is supposed to go around the axle which is very solidly glued in place, the windows have been glued in about an 8th of an inch too far back(dont ask I dont know). And part of the tail light surrounds are melted by glue though the lenses themselves werent glued in but at least nothings being painted

I got a notice from the Durham regional Canada Post director that they lost Dave's package, I called and confirmed it, but no worries Dave, I cashed the 2 dollar cheque they gave me (that's how much I said it was worth) and used that to mail the other chassis plate from the Stepside kit.

Later I'll scan the declaration, right now my scanner is acting up.

I got a notice from the Durham regional Canada Post director that they lost Dave's package, I called and confirmed it, but no worries Dave, I cashed the 2 dollar cheque they gave me (that's how much I said it was worth) and used that to mail the other chassis plate from the Stepside kit.

Later I'll scan the declaration, right now my scanner is acting up.

Got the scanner working,

4-15-201042209PM-1.jpg

Edited by Dukefan69'

Got in the mail yesterday a cleanly built, fairly complete AMT '67 Corvette coupe, w/ box and instructions that I'd got off ebay a few days ago.

Made the rounds of some westside hobby shops today, picked up some more Tamiya 1:20th F1 goodies--Tire Changing Pit Crew, Williams FW1B Renault, '77 Tyrrell P34 (the wild 6 wheeler I remember reading about in Road & Track as a kid), and the recent reissue of the old Monogram '32 Ford.

I guess you could call it a pretty big hobby shop...NNL East vendor's room...

Got 2 of the new 25 double T kits, one Revell 32 Ford 5 window, a couple of sheets of photoetch from Model Car Garage and a resin teardrop hood scoop. Also picked up a half dozen past issues of Vintage Fuel for a buck apiece!

NNL East score here,except the Hearse from Ebay.

I was so shocked and awed at the show that I didn't know what to do with myself,:blink:

I didn't even come close to spending my budget.:o

Although I did come home with alot of regret,

Should have bought MORE!

HOW MANY DAYS TIL NEXT YEAR? :P

Some of the kits I did buy are high on my list of wants though,

and the prices at the show are great.I may not buy another kit

til the next show! :o

nnl.jpg

I got a couple things last night. I got this large scale police Harley from Gordon's hobbies for $30. I also got my Jarius build 1963 Fairlane from a club member for $35. It's really cool as it has the detail info like change oil every 3,000 miles and such on the bottom. I had to add a little off topic in the pic as the Caprice got 2nd place in the meeting so I consider this a package deal :D .... DSC02415.jpgDSC02414.jpg

Edited by Railfreak78

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...