Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Just returned from the LHS with this in hand. Cost was $34.95 plus tax. Upon first inspection this is a very nicely done kit. Round 2/Polar Lights has done a nice job on this one. There is no flash to be trimmed, the casting's are crisp, and the instructions are done well. Also a battery box, and LED light are included with it. The window graphics are printed on clear acetate, and it is molded in 2 shades of gray. Also tips on detailing the kit to set the scene are included. Don't forget though this one is 1/87th scale. Lots of possibilities for the display of this one.

IMHO highly recommended kit to have.

BatesMansion.jpg

should be starting this one soon.

You should scratch build the motel in the foreground.

Flea Market finds this weekend. 1930s rollfast bicycle crank (for ebay to buy more kits), BIG box of vintage VW magazines and diecast VW stuff. (helps when you offer to buy all the VW stuff and pay their asking price, now they look for me the Bugman!) a 1970 AMT Chevelle and Deora reissue kit. Cant wiat tille next weekend!

Drew C from S.C.

Last week I found out a Hobby Town USA was closing due to slow sells and everything in the store was half off!! They never really had to many models and their customer service skills were really bad if you went in there for anything other then R/C stuff and then they were right up your............ well you know what I was going to say. ;)

Anyways I'm still out of work, but just couldn't pass up picking up a few items at half off and here is what I picked up.

100_4005.jpg

I also picked those kits up over the last month or so.

100_4007.jpg

BTW if anyone here in AZ wants to know which store it is, it's the one on 75th Ave & Thomas and tomorrow is the last day they will be open.

Edited by tuffone20

I wish it would be by the time I visited Az for the Desert Scale Classic last April!

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Last week I found out a Hobby Town USA was closing due to slow sells and everything in the store was half off!! They never really had to many models and their customer service skills were really bad if you went in there for anything other then R/C stuff and then they were right up your............ well you know what I was going to say. ;)

Anyways I'm still out of work, but just couldn't pass up picking up a few items at half off and here is what I picked up.

100_4005.jpg

I also picked those kits up over the last month or so.

100_4007.jpg

BTW if anyone here in AZ wants to know which store it is, it's the one on 75th Ave & Thomas and tomorrow is the last day they will be open.

Edited by simonr

Well my free model fairy made a surprise drop off today. An old Monogram plane. I checked for a newer copyright and there isn't one so it appears this is a 1965 or 67 German fighter. Not started at all and mostly still on the sprue. It's a bit small compared to most planes I have but I will never complain about free :D I'm certainly not a collector I am a builder but do any of you guys know if this is a more valuable kit being how old it is? Just curious. DSC05082.jpgDSC05083.jpgDSC05084.jpgDSC05085.jpg

That is a 1/48th scale Monogram FW190, and dates from at least '65 or earlier.

IIRC that's the first reissue and is quite buildable.

I haven't a clue what it's worth but for free, ya can't go wrong.

G

Edited by AgentG

I recieved this lot today. The mini I won on eBay a while back, just arived was bought to challenge my mates at a build off. The truck was a super eBay find. Brand new sealed box, I only put a bid on for a laugh. Only bidder got it SUPER CHEAP!!!! Looks complicated tho.

350d4621.jpg

I went to the local hobby shop and bought the Tamiya 66 VW Beatle model, a clear blue spray can, testors wood color paint, semi-gloss white paint, chrome foil and a Tamiya wax kit. I still need to find a good price on a polishing kit (that will ship to Canada).

header_1.jpgheader_1.jpgt225_06bb71364b89bed6e1aea72c79b49784.jpg

My plan is to do the blue exterior and have the interior white with wood/aluminum accents. I'm not too picky on keeping colors overly authentic.

Brad, I think Dave is suggesting you tape it up yourself if you are not going to go to the hospital. Also, you could at least call your doc for advice... and inform them you cannot afford any treatment. Unlike your toe, it can't hurt.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...