Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 5/11/2024 at 3:27 PM, A modeler named mike said:

From today's MAMA show... I went with a want list but unfortunately much of it wasn't present...😞 but a lot of "Nice" looking models were on the tables. Very talented bunch of individuals, some who grace this forum. This show was kinda neat for me since I was able to introduce a closet modeler/ ex-coworker to his first model car show experience. Diagnosis...He's Hooked!!  Me? I can't wait to get back into building again since a very long pause due to life's curves... 

20240511_160307(1).jpg

Love the Ambulance! I want one of those brother!

• Like 1

I bought the GMC 702 V16 from Texas 3D Customs.
Its a bit more pricey than your std printed engine but its basically an engine and a half.
I plan to build the Convoy Leader Elvis 32 Deuce from Fury Road. I've been planning that build since right after the movie came out. I even started designing my own in CAD but took the quicker route.

GMC 702 V12.jpg

• Like 5

On 5/14/2024 at 1:57 AM, Straightliner59 said:

I've been wanting a different airbrush than my Badger 100G, so I'd have something with greater capacity. Got a great deal on this on Ebay. Right at $50, shipped. Works perfectly!

DSC_0001cr.jpg

DSC_0002cr.jpg

Nice score Daniel. A few years ago I bought this same kit from the local online classifieds. Have you tried using the side-feed cup? On mine, the cup doesn't seem to fit properly as it interferes with the airbrush body/hose fitting. It also seems to fit at an odd angle.

6 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Got me some suplies directly from China, 100pcs of #11 blade, 3 knifes, bunch of 1 mm magnets, brushes of various sorts to share with my other half and some cleaning stuff.

Must admit, I bought a set of those cleaning rods/reamers thinking to use them on an airbrush. One look in real life, and no way... they're designed for removing deposits from the business ends of welding equipment, burners etc etc, and there's no way I'm putting anything that coarse and unforgiving in any of my airbrushes' finely-engineered and precision-manufactured orifices...

best,

M.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

0CE8DC8C-F274-45BE-849B-7E7DB39D574D.jpeg.45a7ddb1dedf994c9670f25b5d5d3cda.jpeg

8D2CE935-98E6-438A-A29D-07D0EFADE873.jpeg.c0112527f6ae88ee1d096953a4580e25.jpeg

4D604E61-5C4D-4C1F-955F-004B32750074.jpeg.9e7aca40fc1e78eaccb8ce72bfc5d5af.jpeg

I found this one in a junk box at the MidAtlantic NNL in Maryland this past Saturday. It’s a 1950s Marx Rolls Royce. Complete except it’s missing the front bumper. It never had glass. Couldn’t leave it there for $10.

Proportions are all wrong but that’s part of the ancient charm of what is essentially a toy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

0CE8DC8C-F274-45BE-849B-7E7DB39D574D.jpeg.45a7ddb1dedf994c9670f25b5d5d3cda.jpeg

8D2CE935-98E6-438A-A29D-07D0EFADE873.jpeg.c0112527f6ae88ee1d096953a4580e25.jpeg

4D604E61-5C4D-4C1F-955F-004B32750074.jpeg.9e7aca40fc1e78eaccb8ce72bfc5d5af.jpeg

I found this one in a junk box at the MidAtlantic NNL in Maryland this past Saturday. It’s a 1950s Marx Rolls Royce. Complete except it’s missing the front bumper. It never had glass. Couldn’t leave it there for $10.

Proportions are all wrong but that’s part of the ancient charm of what is essentially a toy. 

I have an unbuilt one in it's box. Mine is red plastic.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Got this super clean built up today. All it took was minor finger pressure to get everything apart . It’s soaking in the purple pond right now before I decide what to do with it.

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1862.jpeg

IMG_1861.jpeg

Edited by Keef
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, Bainford said:

Nice score Daniel. A few years ago I bought this same kit from the local online classifieds. Have you tried using the side-feed cup? On mine, the cup doesn't seem to fit properly as it interferes with the airbrush body/hose fitting. It also seems to fit at an odd angle.

I noticed the same thing! It really doesn't fit, at all, in any manner which is useable. Thankfully, I have my gravity feed brush which has a small cup permanently mounted. I think Badger makes a paint cup that has a curved tube. It seems like that might be a better option!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

Some times a wish it was available as a kit, does become a reality. My holy grail Australian car, is now available as a plastic kit. 😁

JqL0t5w.jpg

If you build it, please post some photos. I've been curious about these kits. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bainford said:

If you build it, please post some photos. I've been curious about these kits. 

Just started the build, so not much to show at the moment. But when I get a bit further along I will post in my Lead City Customs wip thread.

Had another delivery today of DDA LJ Toranas, Custom V8 version and more GTR XU-1's.

SzIxNSF.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cool Hand said:

Just started the build, so not much to show at the moment. But when I get a bit further along I will post in my Lead City Customs wip thread.

Had another delivery today of DDA LJ Toranas, Custom V8 version and more GTR XU-1's.

SzIxNSF.jpg

Great! Looking forward to it.
Lots of good stuff there. Intriguing kits, I've been interested in the Fords, and if they ever do the 6cyl Charger, I'd be all over that. 

I know I said earlier few pages back my kit funds were low…….and they are, but this deal was too good to pass up on winning bid on eBay.  Just the PE alone is worth half what I paid. $58 sold n shipped. Box is a little worn, but kit is fully intact.

IMG_2440.jpeg

• Like 5

A Hobby Lobby in another town had one of the new release AMT 1960 F-100 so I got that for 40% off. I didn't need it as I have a couple of the vintage version, but for the price I couldn't say no. Since we have no actual hobby shops near us anymore, I hope HL will soon be redoing more of their model offerings.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2024 at 2:31 PM, Cool Hand said:

SzIxNSF.jpg

Crikey! If those are the same size boxes as the other kits, 7 DDA boxes are gonna take up a LOT of real estate.

Posted (edited)

Went to the SCMA Upstate Model Show in Simpsonville,South Carolina today.Picked up a sealed Revell 58 Chevy for way less than what they are going for on that auction site.I bought a Jimmy Flintstone Resin 64 Plymouth Belvedere sedan body and picked up a couple of decal sheets.The other two were won in the raffle 

IMG_3508.jpeg

Edited by catpack68
  • Like 3

On 5/15/2024 at 7:37 PM, Keef said:

Got this super clean built up today. All it took was minor finger pressure to get everything apart . It’s soaking in the purple pond right now before I decide what to do with it.

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1862.jpeg

IMG_1861.jpeg

Real nice find Keith!

• Thanks 1