Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I'm born on May 26th, too.

Same as John Wayne, Bobcat Goldthaite, Stevie Nicks, Sally Ride & Hank Williams Jr.

Enjoy the Day, after work. I've worked many a Birthday in 61 years, and no doubt I'll work more of them. (God Willing)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, deuces wild said:

We'll do!!!!....😉👍

Comes with 2 needles... A .3mm and a.5mm with the matching nozzles.... 

I’ll be watching too, it’s about time I drag myself kicking and screaming into the airbrush world. Been using spraycans for years now. 😂🤣

• Haha 1

Got a belated birthday gift from a modeling buddy today…he builds mostly armor stuff but had some cool car ‘junk’ he sent my way…

Box full of various loose parts and sprues and goodies…

IMG_2320.thumb.jpeg.ff35a391bbc0f5893ae14d35cb849875.jpeg

Some cool resin, plus most of a Revell 49 Merc:

IMG_2321.thumb.jpeg.dde78108b6b8f47cdbe1790f6f469682.jpeg

I think this Bantam is resin - anyone know who made it?  

IMG_2323.thumb.jpeg.192c5fb19fb3eccea352d4d6b995bfef.jpeg

Ricky Couch Badfish body, cast by Jimmy Flintstone:

IMG_2324.thumb.jpeg.93837db1fef1f99282e771d13e968c61.jpeg

I suspect this is a Flintstone body too, but I have NO IDEA what it is…any ideas anyone?

IMG_2332.thumb.jpeg.81ee4b7fe1dc2e4ed92b27953210f304.jpeg

IMG_2333.thumb.jpeg.ef1511f80b975dd5f46aafa1934fb4c9.jpeg

And this is cool - we’re (apparently) doing a build off of these 1/72 VW Kubelwagens for an upcoming show…scared to open it in case I lose a part already…

IMG_2330.thumb.jpeg.b8dc504b1b303511e3ac265923755322.jpeg

Has a 1/72 motorcycle in there too!

IMG_2331.thumb.jpeg.14af01b25cfb54cf1710d351f2aa6c24.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Went to buy some clear coat at a LHS and came home with this.

Edit: I had no idea what it was like, but for $15 I figured…what the heck!🤪 After searching on here a bit, it looks like it builds up very nicely. There is almost no flash on the parts and it seems to be very nicely detailed. The worst part is probably the “logs” that don’t look too realistic, but I know where I can get some real ones.😎 They even give us real chain to fasten the load. Not sure if I’ll do the log truck or add something else?

IMG_2470.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Went to buy some clear coat at a LHS and came home with this.

Edit: I had no idea what it was like, but for $15 I figured…what the heck!🤪 After searching on here a bit, it looks like it builds up very nicely. There is almost no flash on the parts and it seems to be very nicely detailed. The worst part is probably the “logs” that don’t look too realistic, but I know where I can get some real ones.😎 They even give us real chain to fasten the load. Not sure if I’ll do the log truck or add something else?

All the kits in that series are beautiful! I did a lumber truck from the stake bed.

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 12:03 PM, TooOld said:

Received this in the mail yesterday from Iceman Collections .
Limited availability in 1/25th and 1/16th scale !

image.png.b458a8136f8ac9f15db7065b0f18eaac.png

Finished photos from the Iceman website .

image.png.ff466f049cdb273bfc2a4a98fa5c7c09.png

Wow Bob! I bet though they are expensive? It's OK I've just looked! I do like the shorty De Lorean though!

Edited by PatW

Posted (edited)

I was able to score a Tamiya Aston Martin DBS from a fellow modeler way cheaper than they are going for on that auction site. Opened but sealed inside and complete.My local Hobby Lobby had the new Demon kit and all their kits were 40% off this week so it followed me home

IMG_3562.jpeg

Edited by catpack68
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Straight from Hong Kong we got some US license plates. Wish they had only my state though, but it is what it is. Nicer than kit stuff. Not sure why there calling them stickers cause it’s actual decals. IMG_2446.thumb.jpeg.df55ce04a1333c0faefcd4f30a7a21f4.jpeg

IMG_2447.thumb.jpeg.198d93ae74b9afc99b5e2f69915cbf5e.jpeg

Edited by Dpate
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Dpate said:

Not sure why there calling them stickers cause it’s actual decals. 

Don't read too much into it, it's just how it was translated. 

Both of these look-like good options for license plates with one exception, there is only one plate per state and most states require a matching license plate for both ends of a vehicle. Still, better than what is often seen in many kits and does offer a wider number of states to use. 

18 minutes ago, espo said:

Both of these look-like good options for license plates with one exception, there is only one plate per state and most states require a matching license plate for both ends of a vehicle. Still, better than what is often seen in many kits and does offer a wider number of states to use. 

I would never put matching plates on both ends or live in those states lol.  I don’t even really like seeing random oddball goofy tags in the front of vehicles. Maybe I’m just weird?

2 minutes ago, Dpate said:

I would never put matching plates on both ends or live in those states lol.  I don’t even really like seeing random oddball goofy tags in the front of vehicles. Maybe I’m just weird?

Every state I have lived in until moving to Kansas required both front and rear plates and that seems to be common for the most part. When we moved here, we were deciding whether to live on the Kansas side of the state line or Missouri. The license plate issue was actually part of the decision when we were deciding. You're not alone when it comes to not liking a front license plate.