Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 5/15/2024 at 9:16 AM, Tom Geiger said:

0CE8DC8C-F274-45BE-849B-7E7DB39D574D.jpeg.45a7ddb1dedf994c9670f25b5d5d3cda.jpeg

8D2CE935-98E6-438A-A29D-07D0EFADE873.jpeg.c0112527f6ae88ee1d096953a4580e25.jpeg

4D604E61-5C4D-4C1F-955F-004B32750074.jpeg.9e7aca40fc1e78eaccb8ce72bfc5d5af.jpeg

I found this one in a junk box at the MidAtlantic NNL in Maryland this past Saturday. It’s a 1950s Marx Rolls Royce. Complete except it’s missing the front bumper. It never had glass. Couldn’t leave it there for $10.

Proportions are all wrong but that’s part of the ancient charm of what is essentially a toy. 

I have an unbuilt one in it's box. Mine is red plastic.

My Walmart finally got some model kits in. Not a lot according to the worker. But I already had 2 that I bought so they will go back for someone else to buy. The GTO and the C3500. I didn't have a phone to take a photo bit they also had the Bronco. Craftsman Wildcat and 69 GTO. And a couple others I can't recall now.image.thumb.jpeg.f26d0c0a91d1a3bf158d1a1b0e078f25.jpeg

• Like 3

Got my first order from Iceman collections. Very, very impressive stuff. Quadrajet carb for the 67 GTO, prostreet clip, tire and wheel set, distributors and wire, chrome paint to try out and a grab bag of figures to learn on. 

20240523_195028.jpg

20240523_195037.jpg

20240523_195044.jpg

• Like 6

On 5/18/2024 at 7:14 PM, ShawnS said:

Crikey! If those are the same size boxes as the other kits, 7 DDA boxes are gonna take up a LOT of real estate.

Yeah the boxes are chunky, but thats ok. I have a cabinet dedicated for DDA kits.

uVFoZih.jpg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Scored some free stuff this week - my boss bought a house to rehab here, and had me go through all the stuff the previous owner left. Found a box of Testor's bottle paints, two Binks Wren airbrushes along with a brand-new-looking Paasche VL, some small files and a box of model parts. That produced a partly built Butera T sedan, the body of a flipnose '60 Vette, and some assorted bits from a Revell (Gunze Sangyo) '59 Impala convertible among other things.

Edited by ChrisBcritter
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

Yeah the boxes are chunky, but thats ok. I have a cabinet dedicated for DDA kits.

uVFoZih.jpg

Cabinet? That's a warehouse😲. Nice.

• Haha 2

Some fun figures there from Iceman. I haven't tried the grab-bag of figures. Was afraid I'd just waste my money but I'm sure to find a place for them eventually.....maybe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TonyK said:

Some fun figures there from Iceman. I haven't tried the grab-bag of figures. Was afraid I'd just waste my money but I'm sure to find a place for them eventually.....maybe.

I've always been interested in trying to paint figures, and the price wasn't bad. The seated driver fits perfect in the Nova wagon I am working on. Not sure what I'll do with the guy skater, but it should be a good lesson in skin tone. 

• Like 1

Today's arrivals.🤠Happy to get another partially used Set of Watermark's Canadian licence plate decals and misc decals.IMG_6483.thumb.JPG.cf916ebc964e3d017ae66b0e530ff293.JPG

Got this vette real cheap for parts.IMG_6484.thumb.JPG.f29a0ba4257566f8fb03ead8f7d763f6.JPG

Scored another resin 66'Cyclone convertible.IMG_6485.thumb.JPG.67affdd3be7162a82a4ec614ed2efdbf.JPG

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, kelson said:

Today's arrivals.🤠Happy to get another partially used Set of Watermark's Canadian licence plate decals and misc decals.IMG_6483.thumb.JPG.cf916ebc964e3d017ae66b0e530ff293.JPG

Got this vette real cheap for parts.IMG_6484.thumb.JPG.f29a0ba4257566f8fb03ead8f7d763f6.JPG

Scored another resin 66'Cyclone convertible.IMG_6485.thumb.JPG.67affdd3be7162a82a4ec614ed2efdbf.JPG

Nice looking plates, Curtis. 

Just a FYI, the N.B. plates that start with "C" are commercial plates. usually seen on pickups used for work and larger trucks.

A vehicle with them doesn't necessarily have to have company lettering of any kind and it's actually more common to see pickups with those plates and no company livery.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kelson said:

Today's arrivals.🤠

Any idea who manufactured the Cyclone?  I got one several years ago at a local swap meet, but there was no manufacturer's info, and the seller didn't know anything about it either. 

18 hours ago, ksnow said:

I've always been interested in trying to paint figures, and the price wasn't bad. The seated driver fits perfect in the Nova wagon I am working on. Not sure what I'll do with the guy skater, but it should be a good lesson in skin tone. 

the skate guy looks very like danny way, he's the guy that jumped the great wall of china on a skateboard

14 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Any idea who manufactured the Cyclone?  I got one several years ago at a local swap meet, but there was no manufacturer's info, and the seller didn't know anything about it either. 

I went pouring through my old Car Modeler magazines from the early nineties and it's a old All American Models transkit.🤠

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

Got Three Kits for my Birthday.

Revell (ex-Monogram) CJ-7 Jeep.

Atlantis (ex-Mongram) Fireball Dragster.

And Revell 31 Model A Coupe.

Happy birthday 🎁 🎉. Mines today, and I’m taking the BD money I’ll be getting, and doing another big plaza Japan order. Sadly working right now on my BD… sigh Pepsi life. 

• Like 1