Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Not a kit, but related to modeling.

Traded in my compressor (tip: never buy anything branded Alton or Toolshop - they both buy from the same awful Chinese manufacturer and slap their name on the product) for a better brand and model. Slightly overkill for airbushing, but I needed one with a built-in regulator, and I can finally use basic paint guns now for larger projects since I mod computer cases as well.

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

Edited by Mr. Show

Got a few goodies today - more on the way but I really stoked with these two..

MVC-003S.jpg

MVC-002S.jpg

MVC-001S.jpg

The little Ford had cruiser skirts glued onto it ( gee - isn't that a surprise ) but when the person glued them on, the glue must have been already setting up because there is NO glue residue at all on the car! B):unsure: I have a few '59 annuals but this one is probably the cleanest.. the "washboards" behind the rear wheels are almost always gooped up with glue and destroyed... on this car, I peeled the skirts off and then by using just my hobby knife, I picked what little glue was still on the car off leaving pristine, bare, white plastic! I am one happy camper! Now, I hope that the scoop comes off of the hood that easily..

Also got this one - I have plans for this one - probably not a unique idea but an idea that I have never seen done - should be a sweetie when it gets completed..

MVC-004S.jpg

I haven't gotten much lately since I've been outpriced at my Fav LHS lately.

Luckily I have more than one to shop at and Found this Van on closeout.

AoshimaFabulousHondaOdyssey.jpg

And Pegasus 1109 and 1119 wire wheels.

The wheels just because I'm a wheel Hoarder :P

This from Ebay with a Honest shipping charge (5.95 and it came Priority) :P

MCBWALDA160.jpg

Edited by Zukiholic

Picked up some paint from a local Hobby Shop, won't go back there again their prices are way to much.

I ordered this engine detailing kit and can't remember from you.

PaintandEngineDetailingKit001.jpg

The little Ford had cruiser skirts glued onto it ( gee - isn't that a surprise ) but when the person glued them on, the glue must have been already setting up because there is NO glue residue at all on the car! B):D I have a few '59 annuals but this one is probably the cleanest.. the "washboards" behind the rear wheels are almost always gooped up with glue and destroyed... on this car, I peeled the skirts off and then by using just my hobby knife, I picked what little glue was still on the car off leaving pristine, bare, white plastic! I am one happy camper! Now, I hope that the scoop comes off of the hood that easily.

You sure can save the money for the lotto this week. I have never seen a '59 Gal with intact washboards south of a mint/boxed, resin, or my own resto.

Don't worry about the bonnet bulge. Even if it left its mark, the bonnet is completely flat and thus easy to fix.

This is mine:

pic.jpg

It was hardtopped and had the door handles shaved off by a previous owner, but it had never any spats installed.

Edited by Junkman

my i hobby swag, iwata knockoff and a awesome photoetch saw blade kit with polishing sticks. im not gonna knock it the airbrush is awesome even if its not the real deal dont know about iwata performance but this thing put my badger to shame.

10757c45.jpg

my i hobby swag, iwata knockoff and a awesome photoetch saw blade kit with polishing sticks. im not gonna knock it the airbrush is awesome even if its not the real deal dont know about iwata performance but this thing put my badger to shame.

10757c45.jpg

Well, I went to Dean's Saturday and left with...

AMT Sunbeam Tiger

Revell 427 Corvette

AMT '67 Impala Street Machine

Little Red Wagon

Stealth Pace Car

Regal GNX

AMT '94 Mustang

and a baged kit ($3.00) of a C5 corvette.

Edited by Harold

Well, I didn't get it yet, but this will be arriving in the mail today:

Amt1972PontiacGTO.jpg

I just love that body style. It'll look great next to the '68 Firebird that'll probably take me a year to get around to building.

Edit: Well, it just arrived and crikey this is the lowest quality model I have ever seen. There is horrendous flash on every piece. Also the one I received is not the one that was pictured on Amazon - the wheels and hood are different. This really irritates me. This almost looks like some blackmarket Chinese knockoff.

Oh well, I'll throw it in the "until I'm more experienced to build" pile.

Edited by Mr. Show

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...