Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I just want to clarify on my previous post, the one with all the old kits. I mostly meant parts in the first picture could go If anyone happened to notice something they want. Although the Diamond Reo and the Vette can go too. The big VW belonged to my uncle and has some sentimental value, and the Fiat and Rabbit are going back to my dad when finished. I apologize If I wasn't clear. There are a buttload of parts in that parts box though, so, if anybody's interested, Ill lay it out and take some pictures. Again, sorry for not being clear the first time.

I picked up a new air compressor with a 1 1/2 gallon tank. The one I already owned didn't have a tank and I couldn't find fittings to use on tires.

And when I came home a few models I ordered online were on the porch.

IMAG0603.jpg

I never knew AMT made a car carrier,I had only seen the Revell Hauler.I got a decent deal on a case.

IMAG0601.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot my deal of the day. Walked into an Advance Auto Parts on a whim and saw some paint on a clearance shelf.

I was pleasantly surprised by the final price. :blink:

IMG_2192.jpg

And I got excited when I got some of the small cans on clearance for $1.25! GREAT DEAL!!!

I have ambition of being the largest 1/25th auto mover in the Philadelphia area B) B)

I probably will post a few on here to trade eventually,but if your after one p.m. me.

What, are you going to start hauling all the cars the scale PPA impounded!?!? B)B)

Not really after one right now, I still have a Revell one to finish, but thanks and I will keep that in mind. B)

Stopped by a thrift store today at random.

rolls.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

Surprisingly the shuttle is complete still sealed in bags and no damage despite the banged up box. I hope I can say the same of the Rolls but I'm afraid to open it lest I find a cracked body and halves of pieces on the bottom.

Edited by Mr. Show

I found most of this stuff at Deans Hobby Stop out by me, The 2 DOH police cars came from Riders Hobby Shop and Hobby Lobby That one was $2 less ,The 3 in the front are another Joker Dodge to restore ,The Red one is a 77 Monaco 2-door that my late uncle built with me when I was a kid, I almost fell over when I seen it at Deans. The other is an original 1967 Annual Mercury Comet , I payed $4 for it, If anyone has the Model King bumpers from the kit I would love to work out a deal to use to restore the Comet, The Chrome is bad on them ,And I'm unsure if it has the correct grill or if its a custom one, The ones in the new kit dont fit at all,I was hoping they would . modelsnovember.jpg

Steve, Nice score on all the four doors. :)

I've been looking for a reasonable T.J. Hooker for a bit.

Few models the past couple days.

First a non car from my favorite t.v.program growing up.And the Satans crate just looked cool. :D

IMAG0614.jpg

My stash is lacking in the truck department so I am trying to boost the numbers. :P

IMAG0619.jpg

And my first case for a display model which I have in my bedroom as long as the wife lets me. ;)

IMAG0621.jpg

And lastly,not model related but a big moment for me.

Myself,my son,my youngest daughter and my oldest daughters boyfriend will

be going to Happy Valley to see the Michigan State game on Thanksgiving weekend which is a whiteout.

I've been a fan for 25+ years and have always dreamed of going. :D

So I am piling on the warmest, whitest Penn State gear I can find!

IMAG0620.jpg

Edited by Greg Cullinan

Steve, Nice score on all the four doors. ;)

I've been looking for a reasonable T.J. Hooker for a bit.

Few models the past couple days.

First a non car from my favorite t.v.program growing up.And the Satans crate just looked cool. B)

IMAG0614.jpg

My stash is lacking in the truck department so I am trying to boost the numbers. :P

IMAG0619.jpg

And my first case for a display model which I have in my bedroom as long as the wife lets me. ;)

IMAG0621.jpg

And lastly,not model related but a big moment for me.

Myself,my son,my youngest daughter and my oldest daughters boyfriend will

be going to Happy Valley to see the Michigan State game on Thanksgiving weekend which is a whiteout.

I've been a fan for 25+ years and have always dreamed of going. :D

So I am piling on the warmest, whitest Penn State gear I can find!

IMAG0620.jpg

Ok that is way to strange, My Late uncle was a Big Penn State fan. :huh::blink:

I found most of this stuff at Deans Hobby Stop out by me, The 2 DOH police cars came from Riders Hobby Shop and Hobby Lobby That one was $2 less ,The 3 in the front are another Joker Dodge to restore ,The Red one is a 77 Monaco 2-door that my late uncle built with me when I was a kid, I almost fell over when I seen it at Deans. The other is an original 1967 Annual Mercury Comet , I payed $4 for it, If anyone has the Model King bumpers from the kit I would love to work out a deal to use to restore the Comet, The Chrome is bad on them ,And I'm unsure if it has the correct grill or if its a custom one, The ones in the new kit dont fit at all,I was hoping they would . modelsnovember.jpg

;)B) Man another great score. I want one of thos Yodel kits some day. Of course they are on Ebay cheap when I have no money and when I have money there is no cheap ones.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...