Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Guest Darkside Customs

Picked up this little guy yesterday. Should make a nice 2-day build:

DatCamp1.jpg

That is too cool! I would love to find one of these...

My irritation was when I went to use the 50% off coupon, and I was going to buy this one, so after waiting in line I am told its on clearance and couldn't use the coupon, ok no biggie, what irritated me is the fact that the model section is a disaster and nothing is marked, it would of been nice to know which kits are on clearance or not.

My irritation was when I went to use the 50% off coupon, and I was going to buy this one, so after waiting in line I am told its on clearance and couldn't use the coupon, ok no biggie, what irritated me is the fact that the model section is a disaster and nothing is marked, it would of been nice to know which kits are on clearance or not.

I know 100% how u feel it was a minefield at my Mikes also. I had the register girl do a price check on the Shelby for me. Thankfully the price was chopped down well enough to still be a good buy for me. But some heads up would have been nice.

Sounds more like careless people not putting the kit back where they got it off the shelf. Was at the local Michael's last week and the models looked like a tornado hit that section of the store, but found a '70 Chevelle to use my coupon on.

Sounds more like careless people not putting the kit back where they got it off the shelf. Was at the local Michael's last week and the models looked like a tornado hit that section of the store, but found a '70 Chevelle to use my coupon on.

I wish it was that, the model section is a mess, not one single kit is where is should be, the kits are all sideways on the selves, you have to move them around to see what is all there

The last time I went to our local Michael's they didn't have anything I wanted, even with a discount coupon, so I spent a half an hour re-organizing their model section just so I could see what they did have, and see what was on Clearance. Those shelves were a mess with planes, cars and diecast just looked like someone had a sea-sick stocking cart and it barfed all over the shelf.

The last time I went to our local Michael's they didn't have anything I wanted, even with a discount coupon, so I spent a half an hour re-organizing their model section just so I could see what they did have, and see what was on Clearance. Those shelves were a mess with planes, cars and diecast just looked like someone had a sea-sick stocking cart and it barfed all over the shelf.

James, I thought about doing that myself today while I was there, it needs it badly

James, I thought about doing that myself today while I was there, it needs it badly

I'd like to claim this is a once in a lifetime occurrence, but I can remember re-organizing the stock on the shelves at K-Mart, Toys R Us, and Children's Palace when I was younger (early teens). Maybe it's OCD or something, but if there are little stickers on the shelves with what is supposed to go into the slots, what's so hard about going through there once a day and keeping it straight. How can you possibly order correctly if you don't know what stock you have on hand? Albeit today I bet all inventory is computerized and they can tell when they actually sell out of something. Gotta say I've never gone into a wrecked model section at a Hobby Lobby.

I'd like to claim this is a once in a lifetime occurrence, but I can remember re-organizing the stock on the shelves at K-Mart, Toys R Us, and Children's Palace when I was younger (early teens). Maybe it's OCD or something, but if there are little stickers on the shelves with what is supposed to go into the slots, what's so hard about going through there once a day and keeping it straight. How can you possibly order correctly if you don't know what stock you have on hand? Albeit today I bet all inventory is computerized and they can tell when they actually sell out of something. Gotta say I've never gone into a wrecked model section at a Hobby Lobby.

Its not just the models that are out of place, the paints were always all over the place on the rack, the paints are a lot better now, now they just need to work on the kits.

I just dont think they care enough about them at the store thats near me, I am not speaking for all the stores of course

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...