Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fiat 500 Abarth GT5

martinfan5

Up next on the already full bench is Fujimi's Fiat 500 Abarth Esseesse kit, this kit, well the one of the Abarth kits has been on my want list for a while now, and I finally decided to buy one when I noticed that they were starting to become hard to find at a decent price. The goal for this one is another Grand Turismo 5 build, here is the kit box and what I am going for looks wise.
th2.jpg
Need to mention this , the only Fiat 500 in the game is the stock version, but I like the Abarth version better, and I am using the kit wheels vs. the ones in pic, I can changed the in game wheels to something a little closer to the kit wheels.
fa1.jpg
I will be using Tamiya light green.
Getting the body ready for paint
f500a.jpg
f500b.jpg

There was some Youtube footage of a European truck pushing a small Renault Clio sideways down a motorway (freeway) without the driver noticing! Fortunately the lady driver was unhurt. The driver claimed not to have noticed anything.

Anyway, nice model you got there. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

No worries here, I think the Fiat is a butt ugly car, but its still cute in its own way :lol::huh:

Got the body in color, I crazed the body a little bit, I have learned, that for whatever reason, or maybe its just me, that the Japanese plastic does not like Duplicolor primers. I also crazed the door panels as with the black I used, one day I will learn what manufacturers plastic can handle what paints lol

f500a1.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Here is the body after being clear coated with Mr Hobby clear, the crazing is very minor and cant be seen unless look at in certain directions, not happy with my try at the panel lines
fiat2.jpg
fiat3.jpg
And working on the interior, up next is getting the dash and seats in black, masking the dash is going to be very much a pain, the lines on the dash are very faint, so trying to figure out how I am going to get the masking tape to follow it, the seats need one more coat of green .
fiat1.jpg

Hey JW, given someone already thinks of you as a trouble maker and it doesn't seem to bother you. You might consider getting a set of Fred Cady Decals for the Sam Posey '70 Trans Am Challenger to finish up your build. The Color is 'bout right and I'm sure it wouldn't rustle any feathers :rolleyes:

Glenn, I am not all that happy with the panel lines, its something that I am learning to do, I use the back of a #11 and scribed them a little deeper, and used a ultra fine point sharpie.

Ed, now that would be funny, but I dont know if the body is big enough if I am thinking of the right decals :lol: , and you are right, it does not bother me since I know I am not a trouble maker, well least I hope not anyways

Got a bit more done on this one

doing a mock up revealed a high ride height, so I cut off some of the springs,
fi5d.jpg
and look at the brake rotors
fi5c.jpg
fi500e.jpg
fi500a1.jpg
f5d.jpg
interior almost done
f5e.jpg
and trim painted on the body
f52b.jpg

Here is the body after being clear coated with Mr Hobby clear, the crazing is very minor and cant be seen unless look at in certain directions, not happy with my try at the panel lines

fiat2.jpg

fiat3.jpg

And working on the interior, up next is getting the dash and seats in black, masking the dash is going to be very much a pain, the lines on the dash are very faint, so trying to figure out how I am going to get the masking tape to follow it, the seats need one more coat of green .

fiat1.jpg

Well at least you are Honest to say that you Suck at Painting.....Good Luck B)