Model Cars Magazine Forum

87 Buick Regal "Grocery getter"

mangodart

Thank you for all these kind words, really appriciate them, next project on my mind with the same feeling will be a 80ies Grand Prix mixing a Petty Nascar and a Monte-Carlo from Monogram

I had a similar idea myself but never got around to aquiring the parts, hope to see this soon keep it up!

I really like these Regals, Grand Nationals, GNX and other Buicks from that era. You did excellent job with the conversion, it looks like real deal to me. Nice paint and great detailing on the engine bay. I really like it. The wheels give nice finishing touches to this one. Very Nice!

And picture limit is Five pics in one post.

What an interesting twist! Most of us enjoy taking a mainstream car and turing it into a street machine, but he turned a true factory muscle car into a mom's car. Kudos for nailing the interior & exterior colors from back then, too.

Great model! I love seeing these 'daily drivers' in scale. Please keep them coming Emmanuel.

Me too - like that "downsizing". Great! Love it and i think about to make the same with my GNX. He needs a new paintjob on the trunklid...

I am just working on the same idea, but my "Testkandidate" is a 65 Mustang Fastback with a straight-six engine...

Wow! A fantastic build! Really takes me back as my next door neighbors had two of these cars back in the day, one, the husband's car was this color combo and the wife's was in that mauve metallic kinda color so many GM cars were painted in 83-84. Great work!!!

Edited by exnyman