cruz

DSC02408.jpg

DSC02431.jpg

DSC02400.jpg

DSC02401.jpg

DSC02402.jpg

DSC02404.jpg

DSC02403.jpg

This is something I am playing with. Looks like most of the components from the Beretta will fit pretty snug on this Comet but I still would like to use another engine, any suggestions are welcomed. The Comet was given to me by a very good friend so I want to put it together instead of just stashing it away.........

Edited by marcos cruz

Hey Dub, thanks man. The Comet kit is complete with engine and all, it's just that if I am going all out and using the nice chassis out of the Beretta I might as well put a more realistic looking engine on this model. Thanks for your suggestion anyway ;):huh: I am also thinking about doing it old Drag style like on the box and in that case I might use the engine in the kit............ B):P

That clothes dryer looks very familiar! B) Cruz, you need to get Norm's 429 resin kit in that. It looked really good in Sandone's '32 Coupe that got the theme at NNL East! You're off to a good start with the chassis and rolling stock. Maybe a little more California (uhh... Arter) rake!

Edited by randbugeye

HHHHMMMMM I have a 66 Galaxie in primer,waiting for the right engine, now you got me thinking..................The 427 in the Revell Fairlane Thunderbolt or the R code 66 Fairlane would look good, Polar Lights 69? Torino/Talladega stock car might have a nice engine. Boss 429/302,SOHC. Man, Ford had a lot of great engines, you have a lot of choices for this one. Maybe a Boss 429 with Weber carbs for something different.

I can understand if you dont want to use a Boss 429 for your Comet, but I cant understand you saying you want a more realistic engine. That JoHan 429 is the nicest kit engine I have ever built! Its beautifully detailed and quite accurate. Not just me saying that either, Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland has gone so far as to offer a resinj cast version for sale!

That being said, you might want to consider checking out the 351 Cleveland pro stock motor offered by scalemodelingbychris.com . It has dual quads and a high rise manifold that would go great in your comet.

Raisin

P.S. If your not going to use that JoHan motor what do you want for it?

I can understand if you dont want to use a Boss 429 for your Comet, but I cant understand you saying you want a more realistic engine. That JoHan 429 is the nicest kit engine I have ever built! Its beautifully detailed and quite accurate. Not just me saying that either, Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland has gone so far as to offer a resinj cast version for sale!

That being said, you might want to consider checking out the 351 Cleveland pro stock motor offered by scalemodelingbychris.com . It has dual quads and a high rise manifold that would go great in your comet.

Raisin

P.S. If your not going to use that JoHan motor what do you want for it?

Hey bro, I will definetly think about it man, never really took a good look at the engine in the kit yet. It's just that when you start tubbing and using rollcages and stuff the first thing that comes to mind is a more modern "Top Fuel" type of an engine, like I said this is on it's first trial stages, I still have to finish an 86' Corolla to make up for another one I gave away :unsure::blink: Thanks a lot for your input my friend..........

• 2 weeks later...

How about a Monogram/revell prostock Boss 429 out of one of the T-bird Kits. Those engines already have the Engine Plate, dry sump oil pump, ele water pump, & a lenco trans. you can all ways use after market parts on that starting base. It should also fit your Chassis. If you need a block & heads just shoot me a pm. BTW Cool looking Idea. I have a couple of those cars :angry::P , Just waiting in line LOL

Floyd

Thank you all for the advice guys, those Berettas are sometimes hard to find but I do have about 4 of them in my stash, I thought about using the T-Bird's engine too but will have to study it very closely but it is really a good alternative also. About the Ross Gibson engines, I have heard bad and good things about the quality but mostly bad so if you guys can post some of your experiences with them by all means please post your thoughts, I think that will help a lot, again, thanks for sharing your ideas with me on this one.......... ;)

Hey marco, Here is a pic of the engines I have.

HPIM1004.jpg

Let me Know if you want one

Floyd

Hey, I recognize those engines, have a few kits with them, thanks a lot anyway, I truly appreciate your offer man, just let me know if you need anything from me also ok, thanks again.................. :D