Model Cars Magazine Forum

you guys are killing me !

CrazyGirl

True that, Joe! Anne, girl, do yourself a FAVOR and find you a good model car club to get into! You'll findALOT of folks your age are there! Most model clubs ARE made up of older guys/gals like us. (Over 40,if you are)And they're THE BEST way to enjoy the hobby! AND you'll find out your NOT weird OR alone!!!!!

Sounds like a case for;; Model building Rehabilitation ; help you re-adjust to the real world, and not locked in a room full of glue,

and paint flumes, and spending lots of money on models, and not seeing faimly memebers for days on end, selling household

items to get a Fix on a new release. Havin Police drag you out of a hobby shop cause there trying to Close,,, walking around

with a tube of glue in your pocket,, having 80 unbuilt models but you need more,, styrene addiction. calling in Sick so can finish a

model for the next show,,,

WELCOME; to the Mad Mad World of Model Building,,,,,,,,,

True that, Joe! Anne, girl, do yourself a FAVOR and find you a good model car club to get into! You'll findALOT of folks your age are there! Most model clubs ARE made up of older guys/gals like us. (Over 40,if you are)And they're THE BEST way to enjoy the hobby! AND you'll find out your NOT weird OR alone!!!!!

As I've been gently reminding....MassCar is here.

If that's not convenient, we have Classic Plastic for the northern tier of Massachusetts and there's a little club in WMass, too.

Anne, send me a private message and we'll get something co-ordinated.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Anne. I raise my glass to you too. You'll find out in, oh... say a couple of years... after you've accumulated your "wall of unbuilt models" your box full of aftermarket stuff, the shelf full of paints and primers in every color of the rainbow, your ever-expanding tool collection, and on, and on, and on... that you will never live long enough to build everything. If you turn out like the rest of us, your skills will improve with each model over time (hopefully anyway) and each model will wind up taking you longer to build because you'll want to keep adding more and more details. Plus, just when you think you've bought every model that you want, the manufacturers keep coming out with newer and better ones. It just never ends...

Absolutely!