Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

FINISHED AFTER 6 YEARS - - '57 CHEVY BELAIR

Ramfins59

Thanks very, very much again everyone. I'm very happy to have finally finished this one.

Don V., thanks, but I'm not sure that I deserve that BMF King title. I DO have to replenish my supply of BMF though. I was lucky and found an unused sheet in a drawer of my workbench, and it only has a couple of wrinkles in it. I think I'll probably have to pick up at least another dozen sheets if I'm gonna continue doing all these 50's cars...!!!

Nothing like a '57 Bel Air in black with whitewalls. I love the opening trunk on this one. You are the master at BMF. The plate should read, BMF KING or is that too many letters? How about MR BMF? Nice job Richard.

Edited by rmvw guy

I should look through my pile of "put aside" models and see what else I can scrounge up.

I've been going through mine lately. I'm finding models that are 75% or better done. Some that I gave up on back then, but now easily see the solution to the problem that perplexed me when I had less experience. I have a 14 year old Doodlebug on the bench right now. It probably has less than a week's worth of work to put it in the display case! Remember, we did say this is the year of unfinished projects!

I've been going through mine lately. I'm finding models that are 75% or better done. Some that I gave up on back then, but now easily see the solution to the problem that perplexed me when I had less experience. I have a 14 year old Doodlebug on the bench right now. It probably has less than a week's worth of work to put it in the display case! Remember, we did say this is the year of unfinished projects!

And exactly when did "we" say that Tom..??

And exactly when did "we" say that Tom..??

Come to think of it, that was the other board. But it applies here too! And especially to my dungeon of unfinished projects. Six years old is like a new kit to me... I've got projects over 20 years in the making! And I plan on getting some more of them done this year.