Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 2010 Shelby GT500 "Super Snake" COMPLETED in Under Glass

Kennyboy

''very nice coat of paint'' and looks better with no stipes.

Thank you Jeffrey.

A closer examination showed that the stripes in the kit would not have been correct for the car anyways. The Super Snake has a thick white stripe down the middle with a small pin stripe on either side of it, whereas the GT500 has two stripes side by side.

The black is easy, i used Tamiya 1/4 inch tape decanted some semi gloss black from Model Masters and brushed it on. Dried smooth and looks great. The hardest part was doing the black trim around the windows. Little tape and a sharp blade worked great!

Edited by jrherald420

The black is easy, i used Tamiya 1/4 inch tape decanted some semi gloss black from Model Masters and brushed it on. Dried smooth and looks great. The hardest part was doing the black trim around the windows. Little tape and a sharp blade worked great!

Good to know, thanks for the tip James.

Man-o-man is this thing sharp! I have been following it since day one and just had to take a minute to comment. You are doing a very nice job on it. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the support John. Glad you stopped in.

Great work ! I am loving this build.

Thank you Ray. I wanted to build something different, yet appeals to the masses.

That is a nice paint job. Care to divulge what products you used.

Thank you Gary. Sure, I used Duplicolor Perfect Match auto paint GM dark blue met. for the base, HOK Majik Blue pearl for the overlay and 4 coats of Rustoleum Lacquer clear (decanted and airbrushed.)

Edited by Kennyboy

Ya baby !!! Looks great. Nice job.

Hey thanks Ray.

Forgive me for saying this, but the wheels/tires look a bit too big. The entire build is awesome though. The hood turned out great.

I appreciate your honesty. The 1:1 Super Snake has 20" wheels so that is why I went with something so large. Thanks for the compliment on the hood.

Edited by Kennyboy