Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nnl East Announcement

An important announcement to All Our Modeling Friends

Last year we were faced with the challenge of losing our show hall after 17 years at the Parsippany PAL. The hall management decided to no longer rent the gym for shows. We saw this as an opportunity since we outgrew the Parsippany building a long time ago.

It was a long and tedious search for a new place to hold NNL East. We won't kid you, there were times that we came very close to announcing the end of the show. We investigated no less than 35 venues, finding many to be too small and others to be way beyond our budget. We came close to signing a contract with a new venue, only to have them increase costs significantly at the end. Once we ran out of places, we started over the same list again. We revisited the Wayne, New Jersey PAL Building, which we remembered as a building smaller than Parsippany. Could we make this work? We were delighted to find out that they had put on a huge addition! Suddenly we had found a hall that would work for the show!

So it's with much pride that we announce the future of NNL East! This year's show will be on April 12, 2008 in the PAL Building at 1 PAL Drive in Wayne, New Jersey. This is a short distance from our old location. We are pleased to announce that we have a five year agreement and past 2008, NNL East will be the third Saturday in April through 2012.

The new building is ideal for NNL East. The good news is that the hall has about double the space, tons of on-site parking. and a good food vendor. There will be a room with tables and chairs just for eating and socializing. The model display room will be double the size of the old one and we will expand it to 100 display tables. The vendor floor space will also double and will be split into two rooms, each the size of the old one. We will double the aisle and circulation space, so our big issue of congestion in the building is gone. The building is air conditioned. There is an ATM in the lobby.

This great new facility has come with a price, and our show budget has increased significantly. Here's advance warning that the admission charge will be $15 this year to cover those costs. We also will keep the tradition of NNL Eats, our Friday night social, but will depend on more club, individual and business sponsorships to keep this important evening alive.

There is still a great deal of work to be done for this year's show. The ink on our contract is barely dry so we are in the process of seeking a host hotel and location for NNL Eats. We're also behind on our full detail flyer, simply because a lot of the details still need to be figured out. And we've gotten a late start on promotion. Please book mark this web site and check back often. Information will be posted as it happens!

Welcome to the new era of NNL East. We are confident that the new location will make the show a greater day for everyone! Stick with us and watch as the best show in the country gets even better!

Check it out at http://www.nnleast.com

See you at NNL East!

The NNL East Show Team / Team Tri-State

great news. I just checked the site last night too see if there was any news. good to hear the show will be back. this will be my fifth year going. also nice too see it a little later. my family usually goes to New York City the day after. and the weather should hopefully be warmer. The price change will not really effect me.

one question though. will the Holiday Inn still be offering the special price or will there be another hotel offereing a special price for the show

great news. I just checked the site last night too see if there was any news. good to hear the show will be back. this will be my fifth year going. also nice too see it a little later. my family usually goes to New York City the day after. and the weather should hopefully be warmer. The price change will not really effect me.

one question though. will the Holiday Inn still be offering the special price or will there be another hotel offereing a special price for the show

The Holiday Inn we used previously is not convenient to our new location.

We are currently interviewing area hotels to be Host Hotel. We're looking for the right combination of price, location and their ability to do the Friday night event. We represent a good size repeat business for the right hotel. One hotel I met with offered to shut down and give us the whole place. Yea, we're that big. Watch the web site for that announcement.

Tom,

Great news! Now I won't have to bring the electric blanket on line!!! :rolleyes: Also, did anyone mention maybe expaning the tables so the closed wheel category has some more space? My builds are 90% NASCAR, and we've been running out of room the last 2 years... By the looks in your post, it sounds like that'll happen! And the size of the vendor area will be all the reason to go as well! I'm very excited about this year's show.....THANK YOU!

This is GREAT news!! I haven't missed NNL East since '96 so I'm glad that it won't be that far from the original spot! I consider the NNL my highlight of the year!

Parking was always a bugaboo with going as I like to leave reeeeealll early to make sure I'm not traipsing all over the area trying to get a parking spot. :P

I definitely want to get to the Friday night get-together...............I had to miss it this past time. ;)

Sounds like you should be an official sponsor, Andy :P

You know it Jamie! More things to buy!!

You know as well as I do that I could fill a NASCAR table myself...Let's see, I have 74 completed, and could finish 5-6 more before the NNL, and that's not even taking into account that the show is pushed back this year...HMMM... :P:D;)

Well the show has inched a litle closer to where my brother and sisters live. I already called and told them to get the guest room ready. Love bringing my sisters! They make shopping easier...."Would you like this kit? do you need stuff to go with it?" Later date is great for me, missed the last two because march is a tough time to get off work. And next year it's the same week as my brothers birthday. Now as long as the tax refund is back by then...........