Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus 67 Grand Prix

thanks Harry ,, now I can order that car , the 67 Grand Prix is special to me , my dad bought that car new in 67 and passed away a few months later , I actually spent a few years trying to track the car down to buy it but I have had no luck , so a model will have to do , just glad I noticed they make it ,, ok done deal , but 6 to 8 weeks , that's not bad I guess !

Edited by CrazyGirl

I have one of the hardtops (unbuilt), which is very nice and well done. The only problem I saw was the "Grand Prix" on the rear fenders are of the wrong font, so I removed them. The only reason it is not built. is that I have not decided on the color combo, and whether or not to install a vinyl roof. A fellow near my barber had one that was Plum with Parchment interior. I am leaning towards triple black, with 8-lugs and red lines. That is one beautiful car.

That is cool Harry. A friend of mine has a ! : ! ;67 GP convert that he plans on restoring. The '67 is the ONLY year that Pontiac offered the convertible on the Grand Prixs.

That's one of mine Nick. Glad you like it. It was inspired by the advertising artwork.

67GrandPrix.jpg

Anne - wheels shown on my build are from the AMT '65 Buick & not from the 'haus. Only problem I had was due to my own clumsiness in breaking one side of the windscreen surround. I also found it tricky to get the vacuum formed "glass" to fit snugly but that was probably more due to my inexperience with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is mine....fantastic kit but it is a curbside. The hood does not open.

Picture013-vi.jpg

Perfect! Sometimes a curbside is just what the doctor ordered to get you thru a mental "hump"!

I've found using Clear Watch Crystal Glue and masking tape to hold it in place works well for Vacuum Formed Glass . A little is enough . Practice first to get the "feel" for this procedure . Thanx ..